Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should we get ahead of the curve and just call it Roadster 2023?
We're talking Elon timelines, not Earth dates. Just call it Roadster 202x so you don't worry about it for at least the next 9 years. Or just just call Roadster Soon as a homage to Elon ;) . All the URL links break every time the main topic headline changes, so we should avoid doing that more than once.

LOL, I see Elon is pushing out his vaporcars faster than the forum moderators can keep up renaming the thread.
1623225149846.png

As I said above, just call it Roadster Soon (an Elonized version of Roadster Next or Roadster + 1)

Perhaps someone should file a new feature request for the CMS - allow variables in thread names, "Roadster "+($CURRENT_YEAR+2), so it automatically rolls over every January 1st?

i think they already knew then that the new cels could give them the range and power release necessary to get the specs in but then they underestimated the time to actually get them production ready…….. but now they are so I suspect they will begin production next year, otherwise there will be too many others in the same space and with more luxury and better performance. Bugatti is talking about 1sec acceleration from 0 to 60mph……………….. Rimac is already below 2 secs and so on……… the window of opportunity is closing and there seems to be quite a few orders so they need to execute soon………… we’ll see. Otherwise they will be sitting with quite a lot of money to reimburse……..

Reactions: Olle and pilotSteve
Hmm do I place a preorder now and then just find a way to make that much money to afford one? Lol. I seriously am curious what you all do for work.
Work? I started speculating in $TSLA for $5.022/share post-split on 8/4/2011. Yes, I could have easily lost my entire investment (just like e-Toys). Instead, I don't have to work anymore and get a special Roadster "dividend"! (I'm not reserving one no need to give them a free loan.)

Seriously, if I didn't happen to live in Fremont, CA, reserve a Model S on 8/1/2011, watch Elon introduce Model S at the ride event, get a test ride, and tour the Fremont factory that day when they were just programming the robots for the lines, I never would have added-on so much $TSLA. I was totally blown away by the Model S prototypes. It felt like I had been teleported 10 years into the future compared to all other cars. At that point for me it was a no-brainer to invest in Elon and his company.

Work? I started speculating in $TSLA for $5.022/share post-split on 8/4/2011. Yes, I could have easily lost my entire investment (just like e-Toys). Instead, I don't have to work anymore and get a special Roadster "dividend"! (I'm not reserving one no need to give them a free loan.)

Seriously, if I didn't happen to live in Fremont, CA, reserve a Model S on 8/1/2011, watch Elon introduce Model S at the ride event, get a test ride, and tour the Fremont factory that day when they were just programming the robots for the lines, I never would have added-on so much $TSLA. I was totally blown away by the Model S prototypes. It felt like I had been teleported 10 years into the future compared to all other cars. At that point for me it was a no-brainer to invest in Elon and his company.

I remember in 2014 when i was in college first getting into investing. TSLA was $183 at the time and he told me "why would you invest in them, they make no money, they have a negative P/E ratio"

and the rest was history. I've had multiple chances, but now i just bought 150 shares 2 weeks ago and dont plan on touching that for years to come.

Congrats ! you deserve it!

Reactions: Evee and engle
Imagine investing 250k in Tesla stock instead of putting a deposit for the FE... It could have paid for itself and a couple of more. Yea, don't give them a free loan unless you got money to burn or just want to be the first. I'd imagine there's a bunch of rich people out there that don't care.