Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think so, unless some new model is released.
Tesla seems to have forgotten about the roadster, maybe because Elon made promises that are unrealistic for the foreseeable future (kinda like FSD)
I can't wrap my mind around that one. My critique has always been... don't sell or promise something that doesn't exist. It will only cause problems and liabilities later on. You will still sell a million cars without those promises, so why do it? Why go with the X wing doors? You have a good SUV, why do that?
There's this blue X I always see in the school pickup/dropoff line. Kid gets out, runs off, the door slowly goes down... then stops and bounces... then lowers to about
4inches open and stops. Tries, stops, tries, stops, opens back up, comes back down to about 4inches from closing... sits there... then closes. You can almost
sense everyone in line wanting to lay on their horns out of frustration. I never see this car's door operate smoothly. Ugh.

I get beat up here for that critique, but I think I'm correct, not gonna change it. Keep it simple, make awesome things, don't tell anyone that their car is an
appreciating asset, and provide great service.

I can't wrap my mind around that one. My critique has always been... don't sell or promise something that doesn't exist. It will only cause problems and liabilities later on. You will still sell a million cars without those promises, so why do it? Why go with the X wing doors? You have a good SUV, why do that?
There's this blue X I always see in the school pickup/dropoff line. Kid gets out, runs off, the door slowly goes down... then stops and bounces... then lowers to about
4inches open and stops. Tries, stops, tries, stops, opens back up, comes back down to about 4inches from closing... sits there... then closes. You can almost
sense everyone in line wanting to lay on their horns out of frustration. I never see this car's door operate smoothly. Ugh.

I get beat up here for that critique, but I think I'm correct, not gonna change it. Keep it simple, make awesome things, don't tell anyone that their car is an
appreciating asset, and provide great service.
Couldn’t agree more about not selling something that doesn’t exist, how long has Full Self Driving been on sale? Since 2016/2017?

I guess when you have people who are willing to give you money for it, you do what any greedy corporation would do, keep selling it.

Couldn’t agree more about not selling something that doesn’t exist, how long has Full Self Driving been on sale? Since 2016/2017?

I guess when you have people who are willing to give you money for it, you do what any greedy corporation would do, keep selling it.
Heh, that's how so many scams, scandals and frauds snowballed and turned into out of control disasters.

Reactions: adsheff and AMPd
It's more akin to a 2027 Roadster. Buyers of the Roadster will have to wait until the 4680 cell production reaches a particular level between 2022 and January 30, 2024, in order for Tesla to create enough cells to include in their existing portfolio and more. Then they'll probably get the roadster in 2025.

Reactions: adsheff
It's more akin to a 2027 Roadster. Buyers of the Roadster will have to wait until the 4680 cell production reaches a particular level between 2022 and January 30, 2024, in order for Tesla to create enough cells to include in their existing portfolio and more. Then they'll probably get the roadster in 2025.
SpaceX will land something on Mars before then

Reactions: Venturer
Unfortunately Roadster, Cybertruck, Boring and now Twitter have given me serious doubts about Musk's commitment to the 'mission'. The mission was about a sustainable future. We need a smaller Tesla, why haven't they made a Tesla e-bike? Surely that would have been easy for them.
There's no need for Tesla to make an e-bike. There are MANY viable options already available. Tesla is all about producing products that don't already exist that can benefit humanity...other than a few novelty trinkets here and there, such as a surf board, tequila, toys, etc.

There's no need for Tesla to make an e-bike. There are MANY viable options already available. Tesla is all about producing products that don't already exist that can benefit humanity...other than a few novelty trinkets here and there, such as a surf board, tequila, toys, etc.
OK, I take your point on that. But the smaller Tesla would definately help.

There are other discussions around here, articles on Electrek, etc about a Tesla bike. Most tend to agree... unnecessary, too much competition, no reason to do this.
Don’t forget a Tesla bike would be completely impractical/usable. A yoke instead of handlebars, pedals that “self present” when you walk up, no leavers of any kind, for an extra $10k FSD,…