Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tyco SC not supporting your Roadster Sethr? I ask cause I was thinking of pulling the trigger on this pristine R80 Roadster but after reading all the 3.0 degradation issues, thinking I'll pass. I'll wait for the 3.0 reboot but that maybe a no go too if Tyco SC can't support the roadster. Rather not ship it across to have Carl fix it. Know he can fix it but shipping car 3000 miles to get fixed is crazy.
Maybe the Charlotte service center is an anomaly but I have not had an issue getting my Roadster serviced. Fortunately it does not require much service but when I have wanted a part or an appointment it has not been an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Gremlin
Let me clarify.... It has been difficult to get an appointment without driving there and speaking to someone in person, but I haven't needed anything since before the email most of us got giving us a point of contact. We'll see how that goes. As to the quality of service, the fact is fewer and fewer of the technicians are familiar with our Roadsters. As dhrivnak pointed out, any good technician can follow the manual. But, in my most recent experience, my Roadster came back (after replacing all four TPMS sensors) with the tires inflated to 30 psi all around, instead of 30/40 F/R. I also had the soft top cable replaced, but the turnbuckle nut wasn't tightened, resulting in sagging after a couple of times taking the top on and off. I've obviously corrected those minor mistakes, but I shouldn't have had to. Clearly someone didn't pay enough attention to the manual. These are little things, only annoying, but my concern is that a similar small error on a more critical part could lead to real problems.

but I haven't needed anything since before the email most of us got giving us a point of contact. We'll see how that goes.

I've reached out to the Roadster email address at Tesla twice. The first time I received a reply within a couple days. The second time I was looking for a new rim. Radio silence. Does not bode well for their improved focus on Roadster owners. :(

Reactions: John W. Ratcliff
current roadster owner recently received a call from Tesla saying that a new and improved roadster battery available this year to all that are interested; however there is already a 1 year long waiting list. anyone else also get a phone call?

That is so bizarre

They ignored a letter signed by a large percentage of owners of the last battery upgrade who are upset how fast their batteries were degrading and gave tons of evidence.

They go weeks or months or never respond to people trying to register their cars for service

Then they proactively call to tell you they will soon have a product that's not available for at least one year?

So bizarre

@tomsax - I would be happy to. Please tell me how and please explain it as if I were a sixth grader. By the way my standard change is 206. @ 82%.

Follow this link: Battery Survey « Plug In America

Then just fill in the blanks. The page explains where to find the information needed, but feel free to message me with any questions. If you're reading your CAC, you're already ahead of the game, especially for a sixth grader! :)

Reactions: Mark77a and doug