TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster 3.0

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by DrComputer, Dec 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Dean412

Dean412 Member

Tesla Roadster Updates/No News !

Received an e-mail from Tesla today; Titled Tesla Updates.
    This e-mail received today is all about the Model S
    Its now the end of August and there is "No News" from Tesla on the " Roadster Updates" as indicated previously.
    Is there any Roadster owners who may have news on the futuristic updates for the Tesla roadster.
    Please share.
    Thanks

2. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

"Say it ain't so Joe..........say it ain't so!" :crying:

3. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

Is there any thought that the upgrade program might supply them with the cores they need to support the replacement program? Maybe they just want the old batteries to supply the program.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

That falls under the 'do nothing' part of my post. Always a possibility. But I have almost six years before being forced to exercise - time only improves my odds of getting better technology. :)

5. richkae

richkae VIN587

Hey! August isn't over yet. You've got several hours before the disappointment of another missed deadline has come and gone.

6. smac

smac Active Member

Tesla deadlines and Tesla cars have something in common... they both make an eerie wooshing noise as they fly past ;)

7. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

58 minutes left in the Pacific Timezone... Not expecting much

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Well, he did caveat it...

Screenshot_2015-08-31-08-11-32-1.png

9. BartJ

BartJ Member

He clearly said Likely

10. Chillout

Chillout Member

Note to self: If I ever become an awesome CEO, be very unspecific on deadlines, people will still love you, no matter what ;)

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Which suggests that it didn't, and thus the delay.

Let's face it, if they ran into trouble with safety certification, expect further delays. I'm sure it's all hands on deck for Model X.

12. Habious

Habious Member

I'm fine with the concept of "all hands on deck" for the Model X. That's OK, makes sense.

But, if that's the case, don't make promises, don't publish deadlines. If it's something that's "a work in progress but, behind the launch of the Model X on the corporate priority list"...tell us. I don't think anyone is demanding that they release it "NOW!", just some communication would be nice.

13. Curt

Curt Roadster Signature #55

I'm waiting to hear about this, as well.

My year 7 (no cost year) starts this November. Then I still have two years before I'm forced to exercise the option. Really hoping that it gets treated as a significant discount on the new ESS.

14. Botbldr45

Botbldr45 Member

My two cents worth.....
    ....... is the same two cents worth that most of the early adopters and many of the new owners have already expressed.

The flawless launch of the X is much more important to all Tesla supporters than new battery delivery by a likely deadline. I am excited to hear news about possible battery replacement buy would be more excited to see the launch of Model X completed this year in a fashion that would make the shorts have heart palpatations. Our roadsters continue to be viable and important as long as Tesla continues to grow successfully.

Don't get me wrong ........ I continue to hope they dont forget us.......... but Wall Street and all the neysayers are just waiting to pounce on X..... so........ GOOD LUCK Model X ......... we ARE behind the corporate effort.
    Just don't forget our ageing batteries and declining CAC's.

- - - Updated - - -

My two cents worth.....
    ....... is the same two cents worth that most of the early adopters and many of the new owners have already expressed.

The flawless launch of the X is much more important to all Tesla supporters than new battery delivery by a likely deadline. I am excited to hear news about possible battery replacement buy would be more excited to see the launch of Model X completed this year in a fashion that would make the shorts have heart palpatations. Our roadsters continue to be viable and important as long as Tesla continues to grow successfully.

Don't get me wrong ........ I continue to hope they dont forget us.......... but Wall Street and all the neysayers are just waiting to pounce on X..... so........ GOOD LUCK Model X ......... we ARE behind the corporate effort.
    Just don't forget our ageing batteries and declining CAC's.

15. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

16. ggr

ggr Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!

17. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

$29,000 USD...that's like $38,000 CDN :scared: ...not going to do it for now..

18. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

$30K? I did not see any specifics about what it includes. Nor is there anything for us with Extended Battery Warranties or Battery Replacement.

:crying:

19. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yikes. That's higher than I expected. But at the same time I'm not surprised.