Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to ggr reporting that problem earlier, I gave them my Can adapter plus they had my charge cable with the 14-50 adapter to charge my car so that should not have been a problem for me.

On a similar note, I am hoping that my first gen HPC, which will not charge a 2.x Roadster, does not have an issue charging my 1.5 Roaster with the new 3.0 battery pack.. Hopefully I will find out there is no problem today.

Thank you! Several service centers have bought one in a moment of revelation when they suddenly realize they have no way to charge the Roadster that just came in.

Every time I visit a Service Center, I recommend that they get a CAN SR. Some listen.

I go to Torrance and I believe that they have the CAN SR... Mark over there used to drive a Roadster that he has since sold as he moved into an AP enabled Model S.

Thanks to ggr reporting that problem earlier, I gave them my Can adapter plus they had my charge cable with the 14-50 adapter to charge my car so that should not have been a problem for me.

On a similar note, I am hoping that my first gen HPC, which will not charge a 2.x Roadster, does not have an issue charging my 1.5 Roaster with the new 3.0 battery pack.. Hopefully I will find out there is no problem today.

I hadn't even thought about that. Let us know how that works.

I didn't know there was an issue with the earliest HPCs being unable to charge a 2.0/2.5. Could someone post a photo of what the early HPC looks like?

I have an HPC that came with my Roadster, #425, when I bought it. The exterior label says it is a Model TS-70 made by Clipper Creek. Curious to know if it is an early model HPC or not. My 3.0 battery is scheduled to be installed on July 5th.

I do not believe the Clipper Creek units had any issue with later Model Roadsters. Mine looks like this::
20160609_085043 (1).jpg

By the way, my Roadster was delayed because they were still trying to fix my creaking suspension noises.

I think I got the 5th 3.0 battery for 1.5 Roadsters.
Yes, I would assume that is the fifth one that was made based on the "TSN", Tesla Serial Number.

Note the label "3.0 RDSTR 1.X" indicating that this battery is specifically for the 1.5 cars. But why not show it as "1.5" instead of "1.X"? Are there Roadster V1.0 cars out there?