Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CAN SR works fine with the new 3.0 battery, I pulled the full 70amps with it from my Model S HPWC.
20160610_085633.jpg

And this is why we need one.
Theo MiraiDriver on Twitter
Wow. In the UK it costs 50 pounds to completely fill the tanks in a Toyota Mirai, which is US$72. And then it will go about 300 miles.

You can completely charge @Sparrow's Roadster 3.0 for about $21 (at $0.30kW, assuming 70kW usable in the pack) and go 300 miles. And you can do it at home any time you want, including while you are asleep, you don't have to drive to one of a tiny number of hydrogen filling stations and hope it is working.

Thanks for testing out the CAN SR!

Reactions: BartJ
I have a CAN SR and will test it out after my 3.0 battery install on July 5-6. But I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, the charge port will be unchanged and the pilot signal won't be changed.
You'd be surprised what I had to deal with that had nothing to do with the charge port or pilot signal.o_O

Do you have the Can Sr to test? Love to make sure it works after the update to Roadster 3.
Thanks @Sparrow for reporting your CAN SR test. That's the first report I've heard from a 1.5 Roadster. I got a report from a 2.5 owner, after 3.0 upgrade, who tested it at multiple locations without any problems.

Reactions: dhrivnak
You'd be surprised what I had to deal with that had nothing to do with the charge port or pilot signal.o_O

Thanks @Sparrow for reporting your CAN SR test. That's the first report I've heard from a 1.5 Roadster. I got a report from a 2.5 owner, after 3.0 upgrade, who tested it at multiple locations without any problems.
And, regrettably, one report from one owner (me) who couldn't make it work at the HPWC at the service center the one chance I had. I don't have access to any other HPWCs. Any other Sandyeggans with an HPWC want to volunteer to try it?

I got the call for my 1.5 yesterday. It will go in for the replacement on August 2.

There was a request much earlier in this topic for someone to weigh their car before and after the upgrade to quantify Tesla's statement that the new battery weight "slightly more" than the old one. Anyone know a convenient place in the South Bay Area were I could do that? Or is anyone else prepared to do that before mine?

There was a request much earlier in this topic for someone to weigh their car before and after the upgrade to quantify Tesla's statement that the new battery weight "slightly more" than the old one. Anyone know a convenient place in the South Bay Area were I could do that? Or is anyone else prepared to do that before mine?

I was the one requesting that. @bolosky suggested that I try one of the local waste transfer stations, since they've got scales.

That might be worth a try down there, too. I see that there's a Recycling and Transfer station (SMaRT) in your city, located at 301 Carl Rd, Sunnyvale, CA. Looking at the site on Google Maps, I can clearly see two sets of scales at the entrance/exit of the facility. Hours are 800a-500p, 7 days/week.

I got the call for my 1.5 yesterday. It will go in for the replacement on August 2.

Look for a place that sells mulch/gravel/stone by the ton. They usually weigh a truck on the way in, and then weigh it on the way out, then charge you for the difference. They should have a reasonably accurate scale.

Look for a place that sells mulch/gravel/stone by the ton. They usually weigh a truck on the way in, and then weigh it on the way out, then charge you for the difference. They should have a reasonably accurate scale.
Lyngso in San Carlos, just east of the 101 between Marine World Parkway and Redwood Shores Parkway, has such a scale.

Lyngso in San Carlos, just east of the 101 between Marine World Parkway and Redwood Shores Parkway, has such a scale.

Jon Vo at Trackspec in Fremont did the suspension setup for me before the upgrade. Has a full corner-weight scale. I'm planning to go back and get weight/height adjusted and measured in a few weeks. He's very friendly and helpful.

Reactions: wiztecy