Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This behavior (bug?) doesn't seem to be related to the 3.0 upgrade. My 2.0 (original battery) is manually set for 24 amps charging. It's plugged in right now (2nd generation "mobile connector 240", 14-50 pigtail), not charging, and the main screen properly shows "0/24A". Went to the charging menu. 15 amps is the highest offered. Moderately confused...

What are you using for an EVSE? I'm guessing the bug is in the UMC, and that the pilot signal to the car is incorrect when not charging (signaling a 120v outlet instead of the 240v it really has). When the car is charging the UMC's limit of 40 amps is seen and honored. Seems that the car gives us the benefit of the doubt when not plugged in at all, as all settings up to 70 amps are offered in that case.

@hcsharp can probably correct me on all this... Am I close?

Ok, so maybe it's just a design thing (aka bug) with the car. Not that this is a huge deal, but does anyone have a configuration where the car will allow setting the charge current to other than 12/15 amps when plugged in and not charging?

for my 1.5, this is how it works:

1. Turn off the car & remove key
  2. Open the charge port door... but DON'T plug it in
  3. Hit the plug icon on the VDS & now you can change it to whatever amperage you need
  4. Now plug in the car & start charging

t does anyone have a configuration where the car will allow setting the charge current to other than 12/15 amps when plugged in and not charging?

Has anyone seen a 3.0 battery charge like this? I realize I'm trusting Chargepoint to tell me things but since the 3.0 update my car charges at a good clip then dogs it till the finish and at the office where the car is, the charge time is limited to 4 hours. What used to finish well within a 2 hour range has hit the limit a few times now...

chargepoint.png

My 2010 Roadster 2.5 has always displayed 15 amps when plugged in and not charging. To change the charging amps from the VDS it needs to not be plugged in (charge door closed) or actively charging. Once you set the charging amps while unplugged, it remembers those settings for that GPS location. You can also make these changes anytime via the OVMS app.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Nothing to wait for:
1) Brakes: has to be discussed with the brakes producer directly, Tesla announced 2013 new brakes to me ...
2) Wheel bearings: I will find out the producer to ask if the Industry offers improvements worth to follow up
3) Tires: For shure the easiest and most efdicient