Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Roadster Accessories! (how do I fix title typos!?)
Thank you for fixing this!!

With the car rolling off the assembly line it might be a good time to start talking about good / useful / fun accessories that the informed Roadster owner might want to know about.

Some listed will be come from Lotus and Lotus friendly aftermarket accessories like rims and the side view mirror listed below.

Include links if possible.

Tesla has their own fashion accessories:
The Tesla store has merchandise: Tesla Motors - Welcome

A recent article and response brought up the Roadster blindspot. A Lotus owner highly reccomended Multivex Mirrors: http://www.multivexmirror.net

There is a picture of the Roadster with black dual spoked rims. I believe it was in Chicago and that DS said they were considering them as an option.

An AVCON adaptor will enable many more Calfornia charge sites: http://www.eaaev.org/eaaevmerchandise.html

Last edited:
I made a post similar to this on the Owners Forum, with few replies. Perhaps this larger setting will give more pointers as to where to go.

I feel the car is a little "rough" right now on the overall usability front, and I am hoping that 3rd party accessories can make it more drivable.

Things I would like as a 3rd party accessory:

o A lockable glove box or console.
o Other places for "stuff" door pockets, cargo nets etc.
o Replacement seats which are more adjustable and comfortable.
o Different Dashboard/Door sill options like P4...
o Even better: the TEG mockup which replaces the Tach.

Additionally exterior to the car:
o Retraction options for the charging cable. (I would love something ceiling mounted)
o storage options for the hard top.

I am sure there are others.

From Malcolm:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/tesla-roadster/1439-paintwork-protection-option.html#post10632

Paintwork protection option

According to the guys over at midlandslotus.co.uk, Lotus offers 3M clear plastic film protection for different sections of bodywork:-

Paintwork Protection - Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

The relevant page on the Lotus site is:- » Aftersales » Factory Service Centre

Given that the standard Roadster bodywork is a tad more expensive than those of its British cousins, i think Tesla should offer this sort of Armourfend-style paint protection system as an option.

With the top down, the carbon fibre rollbar(?) behind the seats protrudes enough to catch the air spilling over the windscreen. Apparently this does create noticeable wind noise.

Some sort of clip-on/bolt-on deflector wing/spoiler which attaches to the edge of the screen or the front edge of the rollbar might be appropriate for those who are bothered by this sort of thing.

Would be hard to make it look good.

Carbon fiber trim kit being considered:

2791566716_8fb0db6074_o.jpg

I asked about smoked headlight lenes and was told thee is a whole line of aftermarket things in the works.

Sounds like early buyers will not get the benefit of factory installation of these accessories.