TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster Adjustable Suspension - Is the Elise Adjustable Cross-Compatible?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by wiztecy, Jul 18, 2012.

1. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I'd really love to upgrade my stock suspension and swaybars on my 1.5. I drive highway 17 through the santa cruz mountains and on that road I can feel the back end bouncing and pulling all the weight off the rear wheels where it really needs to be concentrated on through the turns... especially in the rain. I believe having the adjustments I can find the perfect setup for my daily commute.

However 4k is steep for a shock/swaybar upgrade. I read in this forum that the swaybars won't work from the elise, correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm wondering if the adjustable bilsteins will work. Anyone have the technical details on this one.

thanks

2. frequencydip

frequencydip Sig 100 - #52

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

You're right, 6k... wishful thinking on my part :)

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I don't think there's anything special about those shocks. If you got the part numbers you could probably buy them from the manufacturer and install them yourself.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Shocks, sure. Sway bars, not so much.

6. doug

Of course.

7. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Didn't it used to be $4,500? Pretty sure that's what I paid.

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I paid $4590 according to my invoice, and there was a premium for everything in Canada.

9. doug

Could it be the difference between the added cost as an option at purchase versus the stand alone cost? I suppose when you buy as an option there is some savings for not having to use the standard parts. Does this price include installation costs?

10. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Its installed versus not installed. The link above is the "installed" cost at $6k. I'm certain it was $4k-4.5k for the setup not installed. I don't see that option in the dropdown box anymore, odd.

I'll have to see if Tesla will sell only the swaybars and then I could find the part numbers or match the same year / range lotus elise setup for the shocks. If anyone has the bilstein part numbers available off their adjustable shocks that would be great.

I thought I could live with the stock non-adjustable setup but I know that once that backend starts floating up and down the Roadster is not putting the traction where I need it...