TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster Alarm

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Roadster869, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Roadster869

Roadster869 New Member

i am a new Roadster owner and hoping for some advice about the alarm. I would like to lock the doors, but don't want the alarm to sound if the door is accidentally opened. Any way to do this?

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

3. ViviV

ViviV Member

@wiztecy I have a question. I was under the impression that the alarm was only set when you press the key fob lock button a second time and you hear the beep. What is the difference between the first lights flashing lock and the second beep lock? thanks!

4. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Flashing lights with audible bell is signal to you that the alarm has been just activated, the honk of the horn when the fbb is pressed a second time is the confirmation that the alarm has already been activated (which I believe the lights also flash). The alarm is also set and activated via the lock button inside the Roadster was well as OVMS.

5. snd92

snd92 Member

Nothing happens when pressing lock button the second time on mine. No verifications of the car being locked/unlocked. Differences between US and EU models?

FW 4.7.2
    Roadster 2.0

6. ViviV

ViviV Member

@wiztecy thank you. Now I don't need to keep pressing the lock button twice all the time (unless I want to confirm that I locked it)! Of note, for my car, with the first press only the lights flash; there is no beep. I presume if you could lock the car without the key fob the alarm would not set since the user manual says alarm only sets with the key fob.

7. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

The only way to lock the car without the key fob is to use the lock button on the drivers door, which only works with the door shut. You would have to reach thru the window or top from the outside to lock it without the alarm. I'm not sure how you would "accidentally" open the door with the alarm on, as the outside door button is deactivated with the alarm armed. You would have to reach in the car and use the inside door handle to open the door.

8. Roadster869

Roadster869 New Member

This is exactly the information I needed... thanks!

9. Jonathanm

Jonathanm Member

On mine EU model - 1 push on FOB just lights flash and second push on FOB chirp and lights...