Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster annual service price increased to $720

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I must say, even though I think I was charged too much for the dome light and windshield wiper replacement, I am really glad I had the service done. Phoenix is very hot this time and year and very dusty in general. I think the PEM cleaning made a huge difference. It's hard to describe, but the sound is different now when plugged in and cooling. It is also far more effective. With ambient temps in the 100's (up to 110) the past few weeks, the battery temp had trouble getting below 95-96 F in the middle of the day when plugged in. It's about 100 degrees outside now and has been doing a cool down cycle of the past 30 minutes or so. The battery temp is down to 80 F. I was not seeing that earlier this summer.

I have a short commute to work (7 miles roundtrip) so I've been keeping my SOC around 50% this summer as an extra precaution. Glad my cooling is finally effective again, too! Maybe I should have my PEM cleaned every 6 months in this dusty desert.

When I had my antenna thing done, I had to ask for it specifically. They weren't sure what I was talking about. There's a thread on the forum on it, I'll see if I can find it later but if my memory serves me correctly, Toronto service center "invented" it and I referred my Seattle service center to them for details.

Yes, the solution came from Toronto. The antenna is just a wire, and the silly people who built the car simply bundled it in with a wiring harness. That really degraded its operation.

All they need to do is fish it out of the wiring harness, and lay it out under the dashboard. Tape it down to hold it in place then reinstall the dashboard. Done.

This improvement was done on my 1.5 in conjunction with the noise reduction upgrade. However, the fob receiver subsequently failed, requiring replacement, and when they installed the new one the fob operation was back to the degraded state. I was told that this was because the antenna was pulled out of the better position when the old receiver was removed and that they would have to take the dash all apart (for a few hundred more bucks) to do the improvement again. I gather that the modification is easier on 2.0/2.5 cars.

Got mine done 2 weeks ago. Was $600.

Although they didn't update to the latest firmware, not happy about that.

Will have to go back in anyways. Something about my control arm worn bushing and severe oxidation.

Severe oxidation? That's weird. I didn't think they salted the roads in Seattle. What parts were oxidizing?

It's been almost a year since they released a new firmware update. Maybe you already have the latest?

My car originally lived in Colorado, Denver vicinity. I'm guessing there's good amount of salt going on there.

I've never driven the Roadster in the snow here. Mostly because we barely get any snow outside of the mountains in the winter.

I don't have the latest firmware. Apparently its a different Roadster guy there now, so he might not be as in touch as the old guy. I'll have to inquire where the old Roadster guy is now, maybe he moved on. If that's the case, it would be too bad because he was the only reason I have Seattle service the car, otherwise there's another service center closer to me.

Severe oxidation? That's weird. I didn't think they salted the roads in Seattle. What parts were oxidizing?

It's been almost a year since they released a new firmware update. Maybe you already have the latest?