TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster at CarMax?

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by mt2, May 17, 2011.

1. mt2

mt2 Member

Probably not the right place to post this, but I was surprised today while at CarMax.

My wife and I dropped in there during a late lunch hour to co-sign for my son. Pure random chance that we were there when we were. While filling in the paperwork, a technician leaned over the counter and started talking to another coworker about a "Tesla Roadster". I interrupted, "A Roadster? What color?" Radiant Red.

I asked to see it and the technician said he'd have to ask the new owners. Well, never mind, I had a lot to get done today and didn't want to wait. But he let slip that it was an $80,000 car. The coworker made some comment about them "copying Lotus" and I corrected him, but it fell on dead ears.

I called my son later to tell him his paperwork is in order and mentioned the Roadster. "No way! No way! Freakin' awesome. No way!". I don't know why not, I guess, but it's probably not the first place I'd look for used Roadster.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

*heads to carmax* :)

3. lontok

lontok Member

Has anyone ever sold their leased Tesla Roadster to Carmax? I have 1 year left on a lease. I recently went from a one way 1 hour 15 minute commute to a 5 minute commute. The lease payment doesn't seem justified considering I don't need carpool lane access anymore and I'm only adding about 200 miles at most per month to the car.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

So the Model S will be driving you 5 minutes or is that the wife's car? If you are at Amgen they have places to plug in not open to the public. You could ride a bike today.

5. lontok

lontok Member

We are canceling our Model S reservation. The original plan was to take advantage of the early lease termination program on the Roadster to buy the Model S. Can't justify the Model S either. We plan on keeping the wife's Infiniti since it's almost paid off. Going to start skateboarding to the office.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Guess I won't catch your Roadster at the supermarket or movies anymore.

7. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Are you selling your Roadster?

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Yesterday this sounded like it changed? :)