Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Cell Phone mounting solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What works for you guys? I would like to mount my Galaxy Note 9 somewhere visible in a way that won't risk any damage to the interior.

Also, are any of you using google assistant in your roadster or Siri and does it work through the bluetooth microphone? my phone hears me pretty well from it's onboard mic even when in my pocket.

Looking forward to any photos and links about products you've liked and had success with, as well as if anyone is using android auto or apple car play successfully.

There really aren't a lot of options. The charge cable wasn't too bad, especially with an L-shaped connector. The wire just went down along the groove to the left of the airbag. Now that I have a stereo that's compatible with Android Auto and Apple Car Play, I don't need to put my phone anywhere other than in the glove compartment.

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
There really aren't a lot of options. The charge cable wasn't too bad, especially with an L-shaped connector. The wire just went down along the groove to the left of the airbag. Now that I have a stereo that's compatible with Android Auto and Apple Car Play, I don't need to put my phone anywhere other than in the glove compartment.
Did you upgrade to the Alpine iLX-107 ? If so, do you mind sharing pictures, maybe short video? Also does backup camera still switch on when shifting to reverse?

I found a windshield glass-mount one that holds my phone very well. I forget where I got it, but there were multiple versions similar to this. The wine cork is optional (used to reduce the vibration a bit). The charging cord I have draped over the steering column, then down to a 12v adapter in the accessory plug under the center console. The cable is certainly not hidden, however.

As far as use of the use of the phone's audio input (phone calls, "assistant" interactions, etc.), it really depends on where and how fast you are driving. The Roadster is pretty noisy, and the location of the stock BT microphone is pretty bad (down by your right knee). I have used it, but mostly below about 50 mph on good roads, with the top on.

Phone Mount2.jpg

Phone Mount3.jpg

• Informative
I found a windshield glass-mount one that holds my phone very well. I forget where I got it, but there were multiple versions similar to this. The wine cork is optional (used to reduce the vibration a bit). The charging cord I have draped over the steering column, then down to a 12v adapter in the accessory plug under the center console. The cable is certainly not hidden, however.

As far as use of the use of the phone's audio input (phone calls, "assistant" interactions, etc.), it really depends on where and how fast you are driving. The Roadster is pretty noisy, and the location of the stock BT microphone is pretty bad (down by your right knee). I have used it, but mostly below about 50 mph on good roads, with the top on.

View attachment 444067

View attachment 444069
In the photos of the one I'm getting i see a small microphone mounted above the steering wheel...

In the photos of the one I'm getting i see a small microphone mounted above the steering wheel...
Ok, well that should be far better than trying to communicate through your knee like the original in my 2.0. Still, the Roadster's not a Rolls Royce in terms of noise level, so getting your assistant to navigate to home could easily route you to Nome, Alaska. Never been there. Presume it's lovely this time of year.

• Funny
What works for you guys? I would like to mount my Galaxy Note 9 somewhere visible in a way that won't risk any damage to the interior.

Also, are any of you using google assistant in your roadster or Siri and does it work through the bluetooth microphone? my phone hears me pretty well from it's onboard mic even when in my pocket.

Looking forward to any photos and links about products you've liked and had success with, as well as if anyone is using android auto or apple car play successfully.
What roadster type do you have or what's your vin #? If a 1.5, check my recent post on same subject of phone mounting solution.