TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster charging at Pebble Beach

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Nov 7, 2015.

1. asgard

asgard Member

Has anyone charged their Roadster successfully on the NEMA 14-50 at the Inn at Spanish Bay near Pebble beach?
    I found the chargers on PlugShare and they seem to be unbranded relics from a previous EV era :)

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

No, sorry. When I was there, I charged using the 14-50 at the Tesla Store & also used the 70amp HPC in Salinas by Rabo Bank.

3. slcasner

slcasner Member

On the other hand, there is a lot less to go wrong with a NEMA 14-50 outlet compared to an old and uncared-for EVSE. The biggest risk might be that the breaker is turned off, or that it is inaccessible within the length of your cord due to vehicles or junk in the way.

4. Tesla 940

Tesla 940 Member

Back in late July I charged at the Pebble Beach Market. The only issue was the plug was upside down and it put a strain on the cord.

5. asgard

asgard Member

I managed to get this charger to work. It's a great stopping point on the way if you are going further south.