Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the Roadster free-rolling? If so, the Roadster shouldn't allow charging. Imagine the Roadster starts rolling away from the outlet while actively charging. That's why it won't allow charging.

Also, check the HV battery voltage from the diagnostic menu. It's in the ESS sub-menu.
I have 6 troubles on the display !
Including id1906 unable to exit tow mode”
So I’m guessing the HV battery is dead?
Preventing me from exiting tow mode
It appears the car has not been charged since January
And can’t get to eSS menu
What to do ?
Can I call you?

Last edited:
I have 6 troubles on the display !
Do you have pictures of them, or the error ID numbers?

It appears the car has not been charged since January
And can’t get to eSS menu
What to do ?
Can I call you?
There's a chance at recovering the HV battery if the Roadster hasn't been charged since January of this year. However you will need to get the HV battery voltage from the diagnostic menu.

By the time it would get to you it would be quicker and faster to have the boards made, the numbers and files are all on the thread. I had to get them delivered to Miami and it was fast. Delivery from here to the US is ridiculously expensive and slow.

By the time it would get to you it would be quicker and faster to have the boards made, the numbers and files are all on the thread. I had to get them delivered to Miami and it was fast. Delivery from here to the US is ridiculously expensive and slow.
Ok thanks
Please tell me where to have them made? And what chargers to use
Approx cost?

PCBWAY and JLCPCB both offer fabrication options, getting 11 or 12 boards made is relatively cheap, having them populated is expensive. But the quoting process is free, you just upload the gerber files to your desired website and they will quote on the amount of boards, I got a lot more as the price was relatively cheap. If I ever got a Roadster with a dead pack this would be my first way to measure each sheet and brick voltage. You could use just one board and bring each brick up to a minimum voltage and then allow the Tesla charger to take over. Or use additional boards to monitor the sheets as you charge one at a time.

Trying to charge the bricks one at a time with one adapter board would be useless. Each brick would take days to charge, and it would be months before you were finished. 11 boards and numerous isolated chargers might work, but you still could not determine if any of the cells are bad and getting hot while being charged. The best, quickest and safest way to try to save a bricked battery is to disassemble it and remove the sheets. Every day the cells stay in a discharged state gets you closer to not being able to recover the pack, so the faster the better.

You need to read the lowest brick voltage from the diagnostic menu. If it is lower than 2V you probably have some bad cells, and no amount of charging will correct that. They will need to be disconnected from the pack.

• Helpful
Reactions: petergrub
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PCBWAY and JLCPCB both offer fabrication options, getting 11 or 12 boards made is relatively cheap, having them populated is expensive. But the quoting process is free, you just upload the gerber files to your desired website and they will quote on the amount of boards, I got a lot more as the price was relatively cheap. If I ever got a Roadster with a dead pack this would be my first way to measure each sheet and brick voltage. You could use just one board and bring each brick up to a minimum voltage and then allow the Tesla charger to take over. Or use additional boards to monitor the sheets as you charge one at a time.
Does Nicks Gerber file included populating them? As well as ends required?
What were you referring to when you stated it’s expensive to populate them ?
What chargers would you recommend I did order some monitoring boards as listed in your thread to nick . What else do I need to get going?
Thanks

The file is for the boards, after that you need to buy the ends to solder onto the board. Those ends are probably as expensive as the boards depending on your suppliers and minimum quantity’s. Remember we live in different countries so my costing may well be different to yours.

The file is for the boards, after that you need to buy the ends to solder onto the board. Those ends are probably as expensive as the boards depending on your suppliers and minimum quantity’s. Remember we live in different countries so my costing may well be different to yours.
Can you supply me with the part numbers for the ends? As well as what connector needed for charger end? And what chargers you suggest?
Thanks