Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster featured in Cyber Rodeo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, Elon arrives on stage in a Roadster:

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 9.23.05 AM.png

Elon talked (see transcript) a bit about Tesla history with Roadster.

And there was another one on display:
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 9.29.14 AM.png

Does this mean that Musk/Tesla still cares about us?

• Funny
Reactions: eHorses and Tex EV
I was planning on making a thread for this, but I’m glad you already started one. I was very surprised to get a last minute invite as a +1 to the event, and got to see both Roadsters up close. I was blown away to see Engineering Prototype 2 (EP2) in Radiant Red on display, as it is likely the oldest complete Roadster in existence, and it looked fantastic.

2406E113-23B2-4707-8AB8-68343740426D.jpeg

E1DD6EBA-2D44-4F97-899A-286EF2D4A44D.jpeg

E766938D-1B8F-4CBF-9D01-DDECA1C22620.jpeg

There were a ton of distinct differences, many of which are already documented in the Roadster History NA thread. However, this car appeared to have new seats & door panels, and had keys in the “ignition”, which raises the suspicion - is this car now functional? I sincerely hope it sticks around on display at GigaTX for future factory tours, as it is truly a piece of history. While everyone was distracted with the Cybertruck, I stood there for 15+ minutes marveling at this beauty. No shame.

12441C9A-DFF8-4D0C-8D2E-93A9E386A9B3.jpeg

Note it still has the original 1.0 two-speed transmission!

After the speech, on the way out, I saw something tucked away in a dark corner.

3138FA99-8143-4D2C-AA6A-198D8410DF67.jpeg

It was none other than Founders 1, or more fondly referred to as P1 - the first official production Roadster. It had a few noticeable upgrades such as the complete exterior carbon accent group, xenon headlamp retrofit, and black forged wheels.

60D76ABE-5536-4E3B-A46D-4A39F3356132.jpeg

A whirlwind event to say the least. I’m still dumbfounded at the chance to see EP2 and P1 up close and personal. The following day in Austin, we received more comments from bystanders than ever, who immediately recognized the car. It warms my heart to see the original Roadsters receiving widespread recognition they deserve.

E30B0A6F-0E97-4A0A-A934-3C19787976D9.jpeg

As a bonus, here’s my VP24, @Tex EV ’s VIN 113, @Frisco-Dad ‘s VIN 241, and @im4uttx ’s VIN 1073. We had a killer time meeting up in Austin for the festival.

I was very surprised to get a last minute invite as a +1 to the event, and got to see both Roadsters up close. I was blown away to see Engineering Prototype 2 (EP2) in Radiant Red on display, as it is likely the oldest complete Roadster in existence, and it looked fantastic.
The original EP2 interior was all beige (or tan), just like my #33 still has. I have early posters and photos of EP2 that look just like my car.

Did you happen to notice that EP2 has a port behind the front wheels feeding into the inset area under the doors? Martin told me how this improved aerodynamics, but I assume it caused a severe problem with paint chips so it was blocked off in the production bodywork.

A whirlwind event to say the least. I’m still dumbfounded at the chance to see EP2 and P1 up close and personal. The following day in Austin, we received more comments from bystanders than ever, who immediately recognized the car. It warms my heart to see the original Roadsters receiving widespread recognition they deserve.
And an unexpected discovery of F6 the day before! We were headed back to @DeedWest's hotel and as usual I made a wrong turn.... and ended up in the middle of a charity event for Ukrainian children. They ran over and invited us to park. Had us when they said "we have number 6 here". o_O What a week.
IMG_2818.jpeg

I also want to believe Elon actually read one of my tweets for once. 😆 So incredible to see him making an entrance in it. Hadn't seen it since the Model Y unveil and wondered where it was.

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.12.28 PM.png

...not forgotten...but I'm still wondering why they are not playing the heritage card on how they got there where they are on their official website?...not 1 old roadster, no story, nothing... (they keep telling it on stage,...)

Reactions: hcsharp