Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster female connection Or socket.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

X.l.r.8

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2018
Toronto/Tampa
this is a long shot but I have a roadster HPWC and every adaptor for connecting to a roadster so it makes sense to try and charge my new car by using a roadster connector in the car, plan B is change the connector on my HPWC but that’s definatly plan B. Is there a source for the roadster socket or is this a lost cause?

Something like this?
s-l1600-jpg.321004

No idea where you'd get one, but they exist.

Why not get a Gen 2 HPWC?

• Love
Reactions: X.l.r.8
I recently came into possession of a Roadster socket like the one @Tex EV just posted but connected through a short cable to a female NEMA 14-50 instead of a Model S connector. A simple passive circuit is sufficient to receive the pilot signal from the EVSE and let current flow. That adapter was made by an early EV enthusiast now deceased, but I don't know where that adapter was needed or used. I haven't thought yet what I might want to do with it.

If you have a P85 drive, do you also have the inlet for it? If so, using that with an adapter like the one pictured seems like it would be a better choice.

I would have preferred the roadster car side of the connnection as a simple socket. I have the option of going to a tesla HPWC making my clipper creek redundant but I kinda like the big ol’ unit. I wouldn’t want to butcher a perfectly good roadster to tesla adaptor. I have time as I’m still looking at the feasibility of using a gen 3 charger before I get to swallowed into buying parts, a roadster socket would have been 1st choice, I have the Cans so it would have been easy to use other chargers as well as my home chargers. I would like the option of charging at 72A as it’s going to need to be recharged quickly

Reactions: ICON