Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Forum Thread Reorganization

Should we reorganize the Roadster forum?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with Story as a newbie, sometimes its a bit hard to figure out where to find all the answers....but the search tool is great, and folks in the forum, even long standing users (who for the goodness of their hearts are still hanging to the forum and mentoring...it says an awful lot about this community!) , are still there to back one up and seem to kindly point to the thread to help....
my 2 cents: I think its really important to archive this forum before the new roadster comes out....maybe someone with brilliance (and a whole lot of time) could even pull into a ebook...I would sure buy it! "Roadster Pearls Vol. 1" ;)

I can't comment on all the threads, but I would say that a comprehensive summary thread with important info, perhaps linked to the main threads mentioned, even if those threads aren't pinned, would be a great idea. Could even start that "summary" thread with @Roadster post with those links as the first post.

Too many threads pinned can be overwhelming, imo. Some could/should be in the Roadster:technical/performance, but linked in a summary thread.

I like the idea of having the fun "picture" and "video" threads pinned as they can be fun to review and add to to keep them active.

The roadster VDS Messages thread should be added to the list.
How about Diag Screen Funtions newsletter and VMS parser instructions? Could be better in a summary thread since they are useful information in general.

BSM connector failure is very subjective (sadly I know this for a fact)
The thing with sticky’s is it should not be evolving, a parts for sale thread holds no relevance over time, it just becomes a list of redundant parts.
The orphan thread however is a good place to look back about certain cars.
Decoding the VINs will never change so that’s a plus however it’s not hard to simply bookmark most of these threads.
The OVMS is pretty well documented and the 2 piece rotors has multiple threads which if became a sticky should be merged.
Make be the wiki should be the repository for these threads because only a few months ago when the roadster forum got bumped it upset a few people because they had to scroll further. Now wouldn’t this put current conversation even further away from the face page. I certainly agree some condensation of certain information is needed if that’s the route this forum is going to take I personally feel having a lot of sticky’s at the start of every section just does not make me want to bother going any further. But I do see a need for relevant information that’s a constant needing to be hosted somewhere easily accessible. I’ll help in any way I can as I’m an information hound. But not so good at organizing as I rely on bookmarks and search functions.

as a newbie I have found the battery maintenance and optimization discussions both interesting and confusing, though the charts on the Roadster Owner Based Study of Battery Pack Capacity Over Time are great and interesting, there isn't a newbie level summary like: cool down the battery after a long hot drive day and other tips....especially for those of us who have now a 1.5 or pre 3.0 battery and are holding breath to see if Elon is going to open the spigot again.

The other links I have found reassuring and or helpful are ones about replacement parts and upgrades e.g. elise mirrors and hard tops as replacement threads.

I LOVE the idea for "fun " threads too...after all we all bought these beauties cause we have inner kids singing along with Tom Petty with the top down.....Free fallin'! There's a thread....what is your fav roadster top down song! ;):):p

Reactions: dhrivnak