Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you start producing brackets again, I suggest that you redesign the attachment area.

In the original, a hex-headed bolt will not fit properly. The bolt hole is at the end of a v-shaped area and there is not room for the common hex-headed bolt to fit. I originally used some washers to make it work, but that is an unsatisfactory solution. Of course, a Allen-headed bolt will fit. But, that means there has to be an Allen wrench available if you ever need to use the tow hook. The Allen bolt that I bought takes a different sized Allen wrench than the one in the tool kit.

I think we'd take one - we're getting our Roadster maybe next week or the week after, so it's a ll a bit abstract at this point. But can someone just clarify if the following are correct (sorry, this is a long thread):

• Tesla Motors will probably give us a front license bracket in the boot
  • We could have it fitted by the techs before we collect the car
  • This official TM bracket, mounted in the default way, will cause permanent damage (drill holes in the plastic somewhere?)

We are in NJ so a front plate is apparently mandatory, although the Tesla rep who came to our house for the test drive didn't have one.

This seems like something I would have the techs do and regret it later, or try to do myself and really seriously mess it up by cracking the windshield or something (OK, joking, but do not underestimate my ability to mess something up...).

Thanks in advance.

I believe the new factory installed bracket puts holes into the black plastic grill but not the carbon fiber frame. So if you moved to a state that didn't require a front plate, you could possibly buy a replacement grill. I opted to have the factory bracket arrive in my trunk and then installed it with zip ties while I'm waiting for a more permanent solution.

I believe the new factory installed bracket puts holes into the black plastic grill but not the carbon fiber frame. So if you moved to a state that didn't require a front plate, you could possibly buy a replacement grill. I opted to have the factory bracket arrive in my trunk and then installed it with zip ties while I'm waiting for a more permanent solution.

I think we'll do the same. Sounds like a good compromise. Thanks for the info.

Got the contact person of currentevtech.com on the phone for the second time in 3 months last week. "Check's in the mail, I'll send it today" which is the same thing I was told last week and mid March. Still no check. They're either incompetent or running a scam so be careful with ordering anything from them.

Last edited:
Got the owner of currentevtech.com on the phone for the second time in 3 months last week. "Check's in the mail, I'll send it today" which is the same thing I was told last week and mid March. Still no check. They're either incompetent or running a scam so be careful with ordering anything from them.

Is the current owner still that guy with the red roadster sport? I think his name was James.

I'm ready to call this guy a scam artist. It's not like he can use the excuse 'lost in my inbox' or anything. I've spoken with him twice on the phone and was told the check was in the mail. I've left multiple voicemails with no response.

If someone else wants to see if they can get him on the phone, that'd be interesting. I have a feeling he recognizes my phone number now and refuses to pick up to return any calls. It's only $88 but I thought I was buying from someone reputable. Guess not.

Dave Kois
email : [email protected]
253-988-5020 (Daves direct line)

You should be able to reverse the charges with you card.

You have to normally do it within a certain window period and by the time I figured out I was never going to get anything, it was months after that. I finally called my credit card company and they said they'd take a look at it if I sent in copies of the 20 e-mails or so I'd sent trying to get the refund. Guess there's hope.

Yeah. I have never seen someone with a semi-legitimate business be so stubborn.
I asked a Tesla sales person to look into producing something similar to sell on their website and they said they'd look into it.

Oh, he has a LinkedIn profile too so he must be a legitimate businessman.

Last edited:
Sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is scamming or just being "flakey", but in either case it results in unhappy customers.

I'm pretty sure this is beyond flakey but I obviously don't know him or the company personally. I'm sure running a small business is difficult but four months of e-mails and multiple voice mails have gone unanswered. The two times I got him on the phone he said he'd send the check that day. Oh well. Learned a good lesson. If you order something like this from a non-standard merchant (like an Amazon.com...etc), find out what the window period is that you can dispute the charge with your credit card and dispute the charge before it runs out. Otherwise you're out of luck.

I'm pretty sure this is beyond flakey but I obviously don't know him or the company personally. I'm sure running a small business is difficult but four months of e-mails and multiple voice mails have gone unanswered. The two times I got him on the phone he said he'd send the check that day. Oh well. Learned a good lesson. If you order something like this from a non-standard merchant (like an Amazon.com...etc), find out what the window period is that you can dispute the charge with your credit card and dispute the charge before it runs out. Otherwise you're out of luck.

I think most CC cards have a 90 day limit to dispute a charge.