Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Foundry License Plate Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... I took matters into my own hands and figured out a way to mount my license plate without drilling into the car. I drilled a hole into the plastic bracket supplied by Tesla and stuck through a 100mm 10X1.5 metric bolt with a 10mm washer directly into the threaded tow ring mount on the front of the car (after removing the plastic screw they put in there to protect the threads). To get the angle just right I stuck on some 1/16" rubber sheet (3M bumpon material) to the back here and there, but velcro loop would have worked as well. Here's how it turned out.

I used this same method and it came out great. Couple of tips:
a) Local hardware store (not big box) bought 100mm 10x1.5 metric bold and washer (no plastic screw to remove from tow ring in my car)
b) drilled the middle whole in the plastic plate holder big enough to put bolt (easy to do)
c) black plastic license plate holder came with Roadster 2.5 has three triangle shaped fins protruding out the back of the holder that when holder is installed rest (in a good way) on the black grill to stabilize the whole deal. I did not need to add anything (3M bumpon or velcro loop) to "get the angle"

Should have bought 2-3 washers instead of just one. I could not completely tighten the bolt as was not fully threaded. It was darn close and only moves left/right a minor amount (harmless really).

I plan to add carbon fiber license plate frame.

TAKEN

Thought I'd try one more time with a picture. I have a Roadster Foundry license plate bracket, but don't have a Roadster anymore. I hate to dump this in the recycling. Anyone want? Happy to ship it to you (your cost of course).

This bracket attaches securely to the tow hook spot on the front of the Roadster, without any holes or modifications to the Roadster. This one was on my Roadster for 2+ years with no problems.

Brackett.jpg

Last edited: