Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster High Power Wall Connector to Model S Adapter up on Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just browsing the Tesla Store and I noticed that there is a 'Roadster High Power Wall Connector to Model S Adapter' up there now. Wasn't there last time I checked, and I didn't see this posted on the forums yet. Not sure if this is the right category for this thread or if it should be moved over to the roadster forums lol

http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/roadster-hpc-to-model-s-adapter

Roadster_HPC_to_Model_S_Adapter_1024x1024.jpg

Well, I am tempted to buy the adapter, but it looks like it really is not available.

I have been trying for three days to determine availability. Emails go unanswered. Finally talked to a real person today who said it would be a long time before I got one. When I suggested he look at the store web site, he said he would look into it and call me back later. To me, it seems like such a simple question - available or not.

Once again, I find Tesla communications woefully lacking.

Well, I am tempted to buy the adapter, but it looks like it really is not available.

I have been trying for three days to determine availability. Emails go unanswered. Finally talked to a real person today who said it would be a long time before I got one. When I suggested he look at the store web site, he said he would look into it and call me back later. To me, it seems like such a simple question - available or not.

Once again, I find Tesla communications woefully lacking.

Try calling the Seattle service center. I've had a lot of luck with them in getting answers to these sorts of things (including the adapter when I bought it). IMHO, the local service team (even if they aren't all that "local") seems to get back to me faster and with more complete answers than if I try to call/email ownership.

Of course, you may have already done that (you didn't mention who you tried to contact), in which case, never mind...:redface:

Last edited:
Try calling the Seattle service center. I've had a lot of luck with them in getting answers to these sorts of things (including the adapter when I bought it). IMHO, the local service team (even if they aren't all that "local") seems to get back to me faster and with more complete answers than if I try to call/email ownership.
Thanks for the tip. I did try Seattle, they are responsive and would love to sell me one, but they don't expect to have any in the near future. I did have some other questions, and they were helpful. It was suggested I try the Fremont Service Center, as that is who runs the Store. That is where the dude that was going to call me back before 6 this evening is located, but no call.

The Store shows a contact email address, but they never respond. I have really crummy hearing, so adore email. Had the same problem prior to delivery. Emails just go off into the ether.