TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster History Europe/APAC

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by warden_clyffe, Feb 9, 2019.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Based on North America transition, there was a bit of "randomness" when cars went from 2.0 to 2.5 bodywork. Maybe something to do with which new parts came out of the paint booth first...

The same thing happened with rear bumper transition from North American style license plate cutout to "world bumper" with wide license plate mounting area.

2. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

#62 PV4EV, Aug 20, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    That's my old car !! Vin xxxxx0931 ...

Asking price is almost the same as when it was new in Dec 2011 ... It was also the car that had extensive R&D done to it to improve its aero efficiency underneath /over top /through it/ wheels /tyres /custom mirrors .. in order to break the world record for miles on original battery. A standard Roadster will average around 180-200 miles on a full charge in normal use with a bit of spirited driving etc. By the time I had finished the modifications, I was getting an average of around 260-270 miles on a full charge, and broke the world record for distance at the time, by achieving 320 miles at an "average" of 54mph and 174 wh/m, if I remember correctly. The previous record set in Australia in 2009 was for a Roadster that averaged 28mph and did 311 miles until totally drained. I beat that whilst averaging 54mph! Very long story how I did it though. In the current advert for it, the seller seems to have reversed all the subtle mods and put it back to standard including the Lotus mirrors.

Fun times and happy memories, that car spoilt me rotten !

2014  08  Blue purple Tesla Roadster with 300 mile range front.jpg

• Like x 4
  3. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

thanks folks for all those replies, filled out a few gaps in my list !

haven't even introduced my own, EU Signature #38 sport, obs.black, black/grey, full carbon, ess 2.0, assembled 28th of august 2009 - so we're celebrating 10th anniversary next week :) :
    #38.jpg

• Like x 3
  4. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

may i ask you for the complete vin, please ?

5. LeoNordic

LeoNordic Member

I know I have seen it in the menues but anyone know in what menu I find building date of the car?

6. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

- get in your car, no key in keyswitch, touch touchscreen and pull the handbrake, you should see your car with clock in the middle.
    - top left corner press the "i" for info
    - top left it says "vehicle model", press it

it should show up your model with year, complete vin and bottom right assembling date

7. Marius

Marius Member

@PV4EV, can you share the mods that improve the range. If I remember I once have seen on the forum a picture of a different diffuser. That I will not change but if there are minor adjustments on mirrors and wheels, it could be interesting especially since my degradation is so high limiting my range

• Like x 1
  8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

You may notice in his picture that he has aftermarket smaller side view mirrors.

9. LeoNordic

LeoNordic Member

#69 LeoNordic, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Thanks warden_clyffe! Soon 10 year birthday! Wonder what it want except fresh electricity and new TPMS?
    IMG_8097.JPG

• Like x 1
  10. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

what i don't understand is why pt some heavy vauxhall/Daewo/Opel speedster casted rims on a Roadster if you have those beautyful and rather light original forged ones ?

11. warden_clyffe

warden_clyffe Member

IMG_4948.jpg cheers, folks - it's t0th. anniversary tomorrow :D

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  12. DanielFriederich

almost me too....

IMG_6343.JPG

13. R912

R912 Member

Sorry for a late reply. Nice to see that it have other 'Brabus friends'.

It is very understated, it does not have any of the 'ricer' body parts, only Brabus wheels and interior with all black leather/alcantara with white stitching. I do have an original set of forged 2.5 wheels for it as well.

Does anybody know what the price was for the Brabus styling?

14. rambo1964

rambo1964 Member

15. rambo1964

rambo1964 Member

Another European Roadster....
    VIN SFZRE2B38C3000999
    Sold in Germany, presently in Germany
    White outside, black inside with Carbon interior
    A 2.5 sports
    33000 km, for sale with all docs and extras....

• Like x 1
  16. nthn

nthn Member

@TEG Can you not tell the difference between Denmark and Norway Roadsters, or are all Denmark Roadsters imported? This website lists all Roadsters registered in Denmark, with VINs, and most of them are listed as Norway on your list.

To search for them, you have to scroll down to the list of manufacturers, and select Tesla. Searching by license plate doesn't work for some reason.

• Like x 1
  17. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

As I recall, I had found it much easier to find info on Roadsters registered in Norway compared to Denmark, so I had them listed as Norway if they had been in Norway at some point in time.
    For instance, they could be in Denmark right now, but I still listed them as Norway since that was the only info I could find.

Also, it has been a long time since I had done that 'research', so it is possibly stale/dated information now.

18. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I just shared a link to this thread on the Aus/NZ forum. According to a 3 year old post over there, there are/were 17 Roadsters in Australia. There was an orange one in the Sydney showroom for some time, I think.

Roadster in Australia

19. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Some of the Roadsters in Australia came from the North American VIN pool...

20. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

#80 felixtb, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    I still have mine: EU 502 2.5 roadster sport its a thunder grey with brown interior and carbon parts. It was sitting and still is at TESLA in Bern to get a new battery.... its been there for over two years and still nothing so its in very good condition as a rolling chassis but the battery is dead as a door nail...… And sadly it was bricked by TESLA Bern...……. VIN SFZRE2B38B3000502 sold in Switzerland and if I ever get a new battery for it then it will be repatriated to Sweden..... TEG, do you have any good contacts for a private battery replacement process in Europe...…?

IMG_7357.jpg