Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster History Europe/APAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on North America transition, there was a bit of "randomness" when cars went from 2.0 to 2.5 bodywork. Maybe something to do with which new parts came out of the paint booth first...

The same thing happened with rear bumper transition from North American style license plate cutout to "world bumper" with wide license plate mounting area.

That's my old car !! Vin xxxxx0931 ...

Asking price is almost the same as when it was new in Dec 2011 ... It was also the car that had extensive R&D done to it to improve its aero efficiency underneath /over top /through it/ wheels /tyres /custom mirrors .. in order to break the world record for miles on original battery. A standard Roadster will average around 180-200 miles on a full charge in normal use with a bit of spirited driving etc. By the time I had finished the modifications, I was getting an average of around 260-270 miles on a full charge, and broke the world record for distance at the time, by achieving 320 miles at an "average" of 54mph and 174 wh/m, if I remember correctly. The previous record set in Australia in 2009 was for a Roadster that averaged 28mph and did 311 miles until totally drained. I beat that whilst averaging 54mph! Very long story how I did it though. In the current advert for it, the seller seems to have reversed all the subtle mods and put it back to standard including the Lotus mirrors.

Fun times and happy memories, that car spoilt me rotten !

2014  08  Blue purple Tesla Roadster with 300 mile range front.jpg

Last edited:
- get in your car, no key in keyswitch, touch touchscreen and pull the handbrake, you should see your car with clock in the middle.
- top left corner press the "i" for info
- top left it says "vehicle model", press it

it should show up your model with year, complete vin and bottom right assembling date

what i don't understand is why pt some heavy vauxhall/Daewo/Opel speedster casted rims on a Roadster if you have those beautyful and rather light original forged ones ?

"custom black Brabus interior (I've heard only two of these exist)"

@R912 I heard this story too (only 2 Brabus Roadsters) from another Brabus Roadster owner here in NL.
This is a Brabus Roadster (EU signature 007-250) that used to be in the city I live in for a long time:

View attachment 442138

View attachment 442128

After searching the web I found out that there are more Brabus Roadsters.
This is a light blue EU signature 148/250:

View attachment 442131

View attachment 442132

And here is a white one:

View attachment 442133

So including yours that is a total of 4.

Maybe @TEG knows more about the EU Brabus Roadsters?

Only the black and white one have the extra spoiler.
And the white one doesn't have the Brabus rims.
Does yours have the extra spoiler?
And the Brabus rims?

Gr, Marcel

Sorry for a late reply. Nice to see that it have other 'Brabus friends'.

It is very understated, it does not have any of the 'ricer' body parts, only Brabus wheels and interior with all black leather/alcantara with white stitching. I do have an original set of forged 2.5 wheels for it as well.

Does anybody know what the price was for the Brabus styling?

Hi there,

I am a European-Roadster-owner, some members might know me from german TFF-forum.

As for the EU-VIN's it seems to be even more difficult to find out any information about the vehicles, where was the origin. country of delivery, what happened to them etc.

For the US-Roadsters honoured boardmember TEG is listing them, I try to do that for the EU and APAC- VIN's (beginning with 2SFZRE......).

It seems to be quite difficult. As up to the 300's I was able to reconstruct almost all VIN's incl. country of destination, after that there's the odd Roadster here and there in Germany (some I know from PEM-upgrades) and some in Switzerland/Austria.

So if there's any European / APAC Roadster-owners around here willing to share the following information about their Roadster(s):

1. complete VIN
2. 2.0 or 2.5
3. 1st. country of delivery
4. colour (inside/outside) - any extras etc.
5. country and maybe city where it's located now
6. who wants - the owner (even TMC-alias is ok)
7. ESS 2.0 or 3.0
8. alive or dead
9. and a photo (one is enough)

PLEASE ALSO LIST JUNKERS / DEAD VEHICLES !

It would be great to find as many as possible, right now I have less then 200 from 1013 made listed :(

...so where's all the Signature250's, the final 4's etc.etc. ?

I won't give any information out of this to any third party without allowance of the owner, this will be a private list but on demand I will make certain infos available to members of this board (and TFF), but not without asking.
Maybe one day it will help us all with certain informations about a single EU/APAC-Roadster ?

Awaiting your PM, kind regards from Germany !

@TEG Can you not tell the difference between Denmark and Norway Roadsters, or are all Denmark Roadsters imported? This website lists all Roadsters registered in Denmark, with VINs, and most of them are listed as Norway on your list.

To search for them, you have to scroll down to the list of manufacturers, and select Tesla. Searching by license plate doesn't work for some reason.

Reactions: AtAge19
As I recall, I had found it much easier to find info on Roadsters registered in Norway compared to Denmark, so I had them listed as Norway if they had been in Norway at some point in time.
For instance, they could be in Denmark right now, but I still listed them as Norway since that was the only info I could find.

Also, it has been a long time since I had done that 'research', so it is possibly stale/dated information now.

I still have mine: EU 502 2.5 roadster sport its a thunder grey with brown interior and carbon parts. It was sitting and still is at TESLA in Bern to get a new battery.... its been there for over two years and still nothing so its in very good condition as a rolling chassis but the battery is dead as a door nail...… And sadly it was bricked by TESLA Bern...……. VIN SFZRE2B38B3000502 sold in Switzerland and if I ever get a new battery for it then it will be repatriated to Sweden..... TEG, do you have any good contacts for a private battery replacement process in Europe...…?

IMG_7357.jpg

Last edited: