Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster History North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

anybody here who knows more about 5YJRE11B381000387 ?

it's a red base roadster with front damage, it's in my workshop in germany (i'm supposed to fix it) and would like to know more about the history...

the owner bought it years ago incalifornia with front damage

1.5_387.jpg

Wheels might be fine - I don't see how so much rubber survived with tread intact.
Frame might be fine (I am certainly no expert on how well an aluminum frame might survive a total fire)
The "Estimated Retail Value" of $73,893 is freakin' hilarious!
It has to be worth less than $20,000 ... a lot less.

Wheels might be fine - I don't see how so much rubber survived with tread intact.
Frame might be fine (I am certainly no expert on how well an aluminum frame might survive a total fire)
The "Estimated Retail Value" of $73,893 is freakin' hilarious!
It has to be worth less than $20,000 ... a lot less.

I think the rubber that survived was the portion that was in contact with the ground during the fire, the portion that wasn't is obviously gone.

Anyone in LA have a Roadster they want to put in the Peterson for a bit? I'm sure we could convince them to show off both Roadster generations. I feel like the old one has quite a bit more history than the new one.....

Anyone in LA have a Roadster they want to put in the Peterson for a bit? I'm sure we could convince them to show off both Roadster generations. I feel like the old one has quite a bit more history than the new one.....
Inside that article, the quote from the museum says "see the new Roadster alongside the original vehicle". When I read that I assumed it meant they were going to display the original Roadster from their collection alongside the new Roadster.