TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster in Japanese car mag

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Feb 19, 2009.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Nihongo ga dekiru?

3294262630_f37277b276_b.jpg
    3293435643_ddde2b0d16_b.jpg
    3293436867_8567124a10_b.jpg

2. Joseph

Joseph Member

Mazda Miatas and Alfa Romeos with Japanese speech bubbles is very entertaining.

Doug, you know some Japanese, don't you? I remember yanquieto - I can't remember the username exactly - also spoke Japanese. Can someone give us a rough translation of what they're saying? (please :biggrin:) Did they actually drive the car or are they just talking about it?

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Well I've see all these photos before except the pair in front of MP.

4. doug

Nothing new here, just neat for me to see the Roadster in a Japanese mag and I thought I'd share.

My reading skills are a bit rusty, but skimming through the article they're just relaying info from the company. No test drive as far as I can tell. You can probably detect that the article it playing up the whole Eco thing. Especially with the Engrish, Let's find a way to continue "Wonderful-Car-Life"!

The exploding bubble above VP9 says something like "Out of America comes the Ferrari and Porsche beating EV." The red headline below the car says, "Elise based open sports EV!" Open sports is short for open top sports car.

The table at the top of the last page is comparing the tesura ro-dosuta- (Tesla Roadster) against the ro-tasu eri-ze SC (Lotus Elise SC).

5. deenko

deenko Member

It is probably, due to the backdrop, the car that can't be spoken of (wrecked). :frown:

6. doug

I'm pretty sure that photo is VP9 somewhere in San Francisco.
    2388589703_35ed954042.jpg

Although it has the same color scheme, the car that wrecked was VP20 in France.

7. deenko

deenko Member

Ah, you are probably right. Your picture is a lot more clear.