Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster in Ohio!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Tesla at NORA autocross
IMG_0368.jpg

Plate says Ohio. I think there are only 2 in that state.

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

video
http://media.photobucket.com/video/tesla/RichV_2007/Tesla at NORA autocross/MVI_0363.flv?o=1

Last edited:
vfx wrote:

I wonder how good 42.166 is?

I found what I think are the results from the rest of the event:

Pro class: ASCC 2009 Pro Class Point Event #1 - AXTime

All other classes: ASCC 2009 Point Event #1 - AXTime

The fastest overall lap in Pro and the other classes was 35.922 in a 06 MITSUBISHI EVO IX.

Considering this was one lap (instead of 6) for a driver who probably hasn't ever run the Roadster on any autox course, let alone that one, it's very hard to learn anything from the time.

Looks like fun tho!

Also found some other pictures from the event: Tesla at NORA autocross pictures by RichV_2007 - Photobucket

Interestingly, the car seems to have Yoko A048's (standard on Roadster Sport) on it rather than AD07's (standard on Roadster)... pic of tires on Roadster: Tesla at NORA autocross :: Tesla at NORA autocross 1 picture by RichV_2007 - Photobucket

pic of A048's: SuperView of the Yokohama ADVAN A048
pic of AD07's: SuperView of the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07

the owner must have either had Tesla deliver with A048's or have switched them out for the event - I doubt they've had the car long enough to have run through a set of AD07's.

There is a lot of body roll visible in cornering in the stills - will be interesting to see how the adjustable suspension from the Sport compares.

I made those observations too, tires, roll. Some of the shots are on the Random Roadster thread.

I particularly love the sound in the video. The announcer is talking while experiencing an EV for the first time. The Tesla guys must hear this kind of talk every day. The sounds of a changing world.

Down cones meant bad driving when I was autocrossing...

Maybe there is something new - it looks like those cones are too well placed, and all in specific directions - perhaps they are using them to mark the driving direction of the course, so if (for instance) you spun it would be easy to see where to get back on the course.

The cones on their sides are usually placed right next to an upright cone indicating, "Go to THAT side of this cone". A common place for them is for a slalom portion of the course, indicating how to take it, to the right of the first cone in the slalom or to the left of the first cone.

Last edited:
IMG_0368.jpg

Plate says Ohio. I think there are only 2 in that state.

There are at least 2 (mine and my neighbor's) in county #31 - Hamilton (Cincinnati).

This car is registered in #18 - Cuyahoga county (Cleveland area).

That makes at least 3!