Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster in the 2013 Electric Light Parade (Phoenix)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my Roadster in the Electric Light Parade yesterday in Phoenix:

Electric Light Parade - Official Site of the City of Phoenix

It was a lot of fun and just wanted to share some photos. I didn't have a lot of time to plan and this was my first year participating. I don't think I had enough lights, but with one year of experience I will plan on a bigger and better display next year. I just used a strip of flexible LED's and wrapped the trim of the car. I powered that with the accessory outlet. The LED's were crazy bright - much brighter than any of the displays around me. I think that helped. I then used a few battery powered LED strips to light the wheels and parts of the trunk. The parade was televised locally and some family who watched it told me the TV commentators liked they way Roadster looked. That was nice to hear for a first attempt, but I want to get more elaborate next year.

I'll add a few pics of my friend's Model S, as well. He went all out.

Enjoy:

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

and if i were you i'd keep those lights on the roadster and have them on at night :cool:

LOL. Yeah, Phoenix PD would love that. Those LED's were really bright, though. More than one person commented I almost wouldn't need headlights with those things in the car.

The parade was very kid and family friendly. There were almost constant yells of "I love your car!" Second most heard comment was, "that's a Tesla!" A close third was "What kind of car is that?" A few asked if it was a Corvette, another asked if it was a Lamborghini. Some dude said, "Rev the engine!" And then I heard his buddy say, "Dude, can't. It's a Tesla." Another guy ran up up the car and said, "Let me ride with you." Three different kids along the parade route asked if I would give them the car. That's a weird request - even from a kid. A few kids yelled, "Fast and Furious!" I also heard the PA announcer say when he saw us, "Whoa! Did the parade become a drag race?"

It it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to next year.