TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster Message: "SUB Updated. Press any key."?

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by Prime Mover, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Prime Mover

Prime Mover R Sport #1029; S #2117

I have a Roadster 2.5 with the the Alpine IVA-NAV-10 console unit (as supplied by Tesla).

Every now and then, I get a message on the screen saying "SUB Updated. Press any key.".
    I don't know if this is an update message from Alpine or from the vehicle? [What is a "SUB"?]
    Anyone know what this is referring to?

(Usual apologies if this has been previously answered but the key words were too common to search for.)

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Which one is the "any key"?

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Which screen?

Are you planning to go underwater?

4. Prime Mover

#4 Prime Mover, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    The message appears on the Alpine screen. Pressing the screen makes the message go away.

The Roadster kinda looks James Bond-ish so it would be nice if I could go underwater (make sure your SUB is updated first)!

5. XM radio subscription

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

#6 Doug_G, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Just putting "Alpine SUB Updated" in a general Google search pulls up various Alpine manuals.
    TMC-SUB_updated.JPG

Apparently it has to do with your satellite radio SUBscription.

8. Prime Mover

Thanks Doug. I should have gone to the "All Seeing...All Knowing" Google for my answer, but it's more fun to post here.
    I wonder what Sirius needs to update on my radio?

(Also, thanks Doug_G for the great Simpson video!)

9. Not sure if you are a XM/Sirius subscriber but they send out signals every so often, to ensure that people are not listening to Sirius without pay the subscription fee. When you cancel your subscription a lot of times you can turn your radio off for a few weeks, then when you turn it back on you can listen for free. XM/Sirius sends these signals at random intervals to ensure that people are not merely turning their radios off right after they cancel and getting free service.