Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster - new options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those post talked about a very simple fix the the lower heater vent. In SoCal I have never bothered but it looked like cake.

BTW, Was also told that the sound deadening kit increases the car's wall/floor insulation to retain heat/cool longer/better.

Yep. Different data point, same info. I was told there was a phenomenal sound-proofing upgrade coming that will also double to making the Roadster airtight (with the exception of the soft top, obviously). And that will help retain the heat/cool longer/better.

Was at Tesla service today with overheating PEM.. The news is:
Improved Interior Sound Reduction Kit upgrade, additional improvement over previous Interior Sound Reduction Kit. $1200 for those who have previous Interior Sound Reduction Kit installed, $3800 for those without. to be release very soon, parts are already arriving in service centers
Improved brakes are coming, they are a two piece floating rotor and larger pads, this is designed primarily for track cars not for street, as it will squeal when cold. still in testing
Liquid cooled motor coming, expect pricing of 10k

Improved Interior Sound Reduction Kit upgrade, additional improvement over previous Interior Sound Reduction Kit. $1200 for those who have previous Interior Sound Reduction Kit installed, $3800 for those without. to be release very soon, parts are already arriving in service centers
So I'm assuming the price for 2.5's would be $1,200 as I understand the 2.5's came with the original kit stock?

Improved brakes are coming, they are a two piece floating rotor and larger pads, this is designed primarily for track cars not for street, as it will squeal when cold. still in testing
Liquid cooled motor coming, expect pricing of 10k

Does that new sound kit work on the wind noise issue? Even with the wind noise fix it's still like I'm driving with the windows down (even though they're up) but that could just be a Lotuis design thing.

Liquid cooled motor. Does this mean that the PEM might get an upgrade too?
Yeah, when I'm driving around the PEM is always at a higher temp than the motor (based on the blue bars - not idea if the scale is the same). I would think a liquid-cooled PEM would be more important than the motor - maybe they'll do both.

I wonder if they'll just add a coolant loop/housing to your existing motor or will they replace it. If the replace it will they have Sport and non-Sport versions? I've assumed at some point down the line I'd like to get the Sport motor and PEM, maybe this is the route.

its just a 10cent flexible tube, but it works fine. it got it installed for testing last winter. it simple directs the warm air from the passenger side to the drivers feet.

Could you post photo(s)?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, when I'm driving around the PEM is always at a higher temp than the motor (based on the blue bars - not idea if the scale is the same). I would think a liquid-cooled PEM would be more important than the motor - maybe they'll do both.

I wonder if they'll just add a coolant loop/housing to your existing motor or will they replace it. If the replace it will they have Sport and non-Sport versions? I've assumed at some point down the line I'd like to get the Sport motor and PEM, maybe this is the route.

The PEM is usually warmer than the motor under moderate usage. But I've never had a power limit under moderate usage. Under heavy load - e.g. at the track - it's always been the motor that overheats. Here's a record from this summer's Tesla Track Day at Shannonville Motorsports Park. As you can see the motor caused a power limit in under 8 minutes:

Attachments

• limit.jpg
    limit.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 268

For 10K I'm hoping it's a Model S motor.

- - - Updated - - -

The PEM is usually warmer than the motor under moderate usage. But I've never had a power limit under moderate usage....

Canada does not equal the US south driving temps. :)