TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster on Attack of the Show

Discussion in 'Video' started by doug, Aug 19, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. graham

graham Active Member

I love all the stock video of "the Roadster" they show through all of this.

Including footage of the Wrightspeed X1, and the rendered Roadster from Project Gotham :smile:

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

With screen names I don't actually know if we have any women on this forum.

Alison clearly does not know what it means when they say 100 percent torque 100 percent of the time. To her credit she did her homework beforehand though listening to her voiceover reads of the car stats she does not sound like she exactly knows what she is saying.
    I have had a hard time explaining 100t100T to many. The ICE problem (proper gear, shifting, lag, EV "just goes") to many people is incomprehensible and usually it's just the gearheads that get it (even while not able to believe it). For the most part it's been the women who just don't know what it means. I wish Alison had commented on her drive. That's where the car enthusit sales start happening.

I belive it was the KTLA video where they said it was a 70-30? ratio of men-women Tesla buys. Intersting because electrics were once the purview of only women.

Any ladies like to represent?

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

There was that C&D 30-70 comment again...

Gotta give TM credit for sticking with their 248hp numbers for now until 1.5 is a done deal. It must be so tempting to start using the bigger numbers.

I guess they have been showing the 1.5 numbers in Europe already, but in that case they don't plan to have any "interim 1.0" Roadster sold there first.

5. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, I would really like to see C&D or someone else re-test using Drivetrain 1.5. I wonder if they would still feel the same? (and put it in print)

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I have some further info on this which is quite interesting and means I owe Joseph an apology.

I asked later this week why we are seeing 248bhp in the press reports given that they are DT 1.5 cars. It turns out that the official bhp is going to stay close to 250, but the precise number has not been released yet. It is the torque that will increase from 280 to 380 Nm. So Tesla are just telling journalists the 1.0 number.

That means the bhp will actually be around or lower than my own car when it is running on high octane! Adequate demonstration that acceleration is all about the torque.

So, why the sign at BIMS? Well apparently someone thought that with the torque increase, the bhp would also rise accordingly and it was too late to change the sign when it was realised what had happened.

So there you have it. Joseph - you probably heard right.

7. Joseph

Joseph Member

Sob.

Sob.

Sob.

I forgive you.:wink: