Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster on Jay Leno's Garage (Season 2, Episode 1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched Jay Leno's Garage last night (on CNBC). Not sure exactly when it aired (I have Tivo). The entire episode was devoted to "SuperCars". The first segment starred Robert Herjavec (from the show "Shark Tank"). He mostly spoke about his Lamborghini Coutach but, during Jay Leno's introduction of who Robert Herjavec is, Jay mentioned that Robert is a "SuperCar collector" and quickly flashed through a half-dozen of his SuperCars. First one on the screen was a picture of Robert standing proudly next to his Very Orange Roadster.

Here's link to the video (it's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment)...

Jay Leno's Garage : Supercars

The whole show was good but the Roadster appears at 5:06.

Also grabbed a screen cap of the pose.

leno-garage-jpg.181237

Leno Garage.jpg

Nice to know I drive a "SuperCar".

Reactions: Mad Hungarian
Nice to know I drive a "SuperCar".

Yes. Tesla was shooting for the sub-4 second mark in the 0-60sec times when they were making the Roadster, this was a huge milestone for that it classified it into the "SuperCar" class of cars. And in this class of cars are people who pay their premium price-tag of $100k+.

I have an earlier Tesla hat that has the "supercar" labels all over it since they did achieve and reach that goal.

Last edited: