Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster on TV show "Shipping Wars"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Andrew Wolfe

Roadster 472 - S 440
Jun 20, 2011
Los Gatos, CA
When I bought my Roadster this summer (on Ebay) - I was contacted by a TV show producer about arranging to film the shipping and delivery of my car for a "docureality TV show" on A&E. Well, that's what we did. I have no idea what "adventures" befell my car on it's way to my house - but I am about to find out. The episode airs on 12/26 at 10PM Eastern on A&E.

Shipping Wars - Tesla

I'm sure most of my footage ended up on the cutting room floor - but I hope they got the look on our faces the first time we floored the accelerator!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope these scenarios are a put on...

Jarrett questions his ability to ship a very rare electric sports car cross country alongside a precariously-placed hunk of metal. Marc s attention to safety brings his run to a screeching halt when he finds the trailers he s hauling are a serious road hazard.

Aren't the people on these shows competing with other shippers for the contracts? If that was the case, you would think they wouldn't be staging which shipped items are appearing on the show?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this episode, although the preview makes it look like the car went through hell.

That show seems really interesting... watched a few clips. Its as if they purposely don't tie their load downs down or over tighten it to break things, I presume if they didn't do it and the shipment arrived clean and unscathed nobody would watch and who'd pay for the camera crew!?

I used u-Ship twice, the 1st time was a fantastic experience. Had a full size truck bed hauled from Montana to Santa Cruz California. The guy also went 200 miles out of his way to pick up a matching tailgate for me and barely charged me, which I tipped him well for that gesture. He flipped my fullsize truck bed ontop of his ford dually truck bed. Worked really well. The only shipping war scene that would have been show-worthy was that he had all 6 of his tires slashed as he slepted in a Motel. They caught the culprits, 14 year old kids. The guy was a retired truck driver and took pride in his loads. I believe he had a team of 6 drivers across the country working u-Ship.

The second one I had 2 water jet propelled kayaks picked up in Florida to be brought out to Cali. This wasn't as good, most likely a shipping war episode. The guy was hauling a fiberglass boat as well. He just dumped my kayaks, which also were fiberglass, inside the bow of this open bow boat. The kayaks weighed 100+ lbs each. Well when they arrived, they were cracked, nicked, scuffed and the boat the same since everything was bashing and moving around. This guy didn't take pride in his load, he could have padded the kayaks and saved lots of damage by 5-10mins of extra time. Possibly that one will be on shipping wars some day...

The show was on today... I won't spoil the little bits of drama for those yet to watch it.

Got another chance to see the bubbling headlight covers that can be found on some of those early roadsters...

- - - Updated - - -

I hope these scenarios are a put on...
Looked fairly real to me. The other job with the unfit trailers had the shipper walk away from the job...

The show was on today... I won't spoil the little bits of drama for those yet to watch it.

Got another chance to see the bubbling headlight covers that can be found on some of those early roadsters...

- - - Updated - - -

Looked fairly real to me. The other job with the unfit trailers had the shipper walk away from the job...
Not having watched the show before, I found it a waste of half an hour, except for that Tesla bit.

All scripted and pretty stupid if you ask me!

Interesting: final bid was $3400! That's outrageous for such 3rd rate service by someone who never saw a Tesla before. I called Plycar who was recommended by Tesla, They do all Tesla's transporting. They charged me $1600 to go from DC to Texas in an enclosed truck and it was done perfectly in 2 1/2 days.