TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster outdoor car cover

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by bonnie, Jun 15, 2016.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Tesla has quit offering these.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party supplier that offers custom outdoor all-weather covers that includes proper venting? I can find some online that claim they fit the Roadster, but I see nothing about vents ...

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I bought a CoverCraft cover which has all the vents / cutouts needed. Highly recommend! You can throw it in the wash as well when it gets dirty, great customer service too.

I went with the grey weatherguard, not the HD version. Wanted the lightest color to so it would reflect the rays and limit heat.

Here's the thread on the CoverCraft:
    Roadster car cover

3. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Thank you, Wiz!

4. shrink

shrink Member

I had one of the Covercraft models replaced under warranty last year. They stood behind warranty so buy with confidence.

The Sonoran desert sun in Phoenix is harsh and after about 2 years, the cover would leave a gray residue on my car. Basically, the interior of the cover of was breaking down.

They let me upgrade to a Sunbrella material one for the price difference and so far its holding up much better.

You probably don't need the level of sun protection I do but for what it's worth, I think I originally bought the Tachalon material because it was rated as best for sunlight/UV protection for $200. The Sunbrella one costs about $250 more.