TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster paint colors

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by sethr, Mar 31, 2016.

1. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

I just received a communication from Lotus regarding paint colors that I thought I'd share. Turns out that Glacier Blue Roadsters should be Lotus Liquid Blue, not Polar Blue (which Tesla sold me as touch up paint). I was sent a chart of all the colors, so here it is:

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 10.12.00 AM.png

Hope this helps others!

• Informative x 3
  2. BartJ

BartJ Member

• Informative x 2
  3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Awesome info ! Thanks for sharing

4. MileHighMotoring

@sethr - that is a definite possibility, but it still might not be correct. Lotus used like 3 different light blues over 5 years. And we know Tesla didn't use Polar Blue because a Roadster owner got something painted in that color and it didn't match. I think it could well be Liquid Blue. But it could be another color too. It's a bit of a mess.

5. sethr

sethr CPO Roadster #1089

I just got an (unsolicited) update from the gentleman at Lotus - he had gone the extra mile and researched my VIN. He said that my car was actually painted with Lotus Glacier Blue, B110. So, the chart I posted is apparently not complete, but Lotus has records. Just go to lotuscars.com and use the contact button under customer services (USA/Canada), very nice people there.

• Informative x 2
  6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@sethr thanks for posting that Lotus/Roadster paint color data.

I need touchup paint for my Very Orange Roadster, which based on that data is Lotus "Chrome Orange" C25. I also find references to Chrome Orange as "B25" but one Lotus owner posted "my chrome orange is the new version C 25 which is slightly darker than B 25".

I'm searching online for a reliable source for C25 paint. Would be interested to hear from fellow Roadster owners as to where they bought touchup paint. Here are two sources I've found, but would like to hear from people as to what sources they used. Thanks.

Chrome Orange Tricoat C25 Touch Up Paint for 2015 Lotus All Models
    2011 Lotus Lotus Colors of Touch Up Paint