Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster paint colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sethr

CPO Roadster #1089
Mar 24, 2013
Fairfax, VA
I just received a communication from Lotus regarding paint colors that I thought I'd share. Turns out that Glacier Blue Roadsters should be Lotus Liquid Blue, not Polar Blue (which Tesla sold me as touch up paint). I was sent a chart of all the colors, so here it is:

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 10.12.00 AM.png

Hope this helps others!

@sethr - that is a definite possibility, but it still might not be correct. Lotus used like 3 different light blues over 5 years. And we know Tesla didn't use Polar Blue because a Roadster owner got something painted in that color and it didn't match. I think it could well be Liquid Blue. But it could be another color too. It's a bit of a mess.

I just got an (unsolicited) update from the gentleman at Lotus - he had gone the extra mile and researched my VIN. He said that my car was actually painted with Lotus Glacier Blue, B110. So, the chart I posted is apparently not complete, but Lotus has records. Just go to lotuscars.com and use the contact button under customer services (USA/Canada), very nice people there.

@sethr thanks for posting that Lotus/Roadster paint color data.

I need touchup paint for my Very Orange Roadster, which based on that data is Lotus "Chrome Orange" C25. I also find references to Chrome Orange as "B25" but one Lotus owner posted "my chrome orange is the new version C 25 which is slightly darker than B 25".

I'm searching online for a reliable source for C25 paint. Would be interested to hear from fellow Roadster owners as to where they bought touchup paint. Here are two sources I've found, but would like to hear from people as to what sources they used. Thanks.

Chrome Orange Tricoat C25 Touch Up Paint for 2015 Lotus All Models
2011 Lotus Lotus Colors of Touch Up Paint

(As 2nd owner of my Roadster, I've not spotted this on mine, and might not have it).

Correcting self - I actually do have this label!:rolleyes: Needed to reach further into the passenger footwell and feel bottom panel of dash to locate it, then take picture with smartphone. It's further back than the bottom of the dash storage "slot' in the 1.5's.

For Signature Green, the missing Tesla Paint Code is 4GN00.

The label shows only the Tesla code, and the not the corresponding Lotus code. For anyone who wants to check the Tesla paint code of their Roadster (or one they want to buy) I recommend checking as above.

Trying to cross reference and summarize paint codes:

VIN < 100 cars only:
4GN00 - Signature Green [ Metallic ]

Standard Colors:
1RD00 / 1RD01 - Fusion Red ( Lotus C94 'Ardent Red' )
3BK00 / 3BK01 - Jet Black ( Lotus C123 'Phantom Black ')
1GN00 / 1GN01 - Racing Green ( Lotus C04 'British Racing Green' )
3WT00 / 3WT01 - Arctic White [ Pearl ] ( Lotus C113 'Aspen White' )
2YW00 / 2YW01 - Brilliant Yellow [ Pearl ] ( Lotus C114 'Solar Yellow' )
1YW00 - Brilliant Yellow [ Metalilc ]
2BU01 - Twilight Blue [ Pearl ]
2BU02 - Prototype Twilight Blue ( Lotus C105 'Nightfall Blue' )
2RD00 / 2RD01 - Radiant Red [ Metallic ] ( Lotus C117 'Canyon Red' )
3BU00 / 3BU01 - Electric Blue [ Metallic ] ( Lotus B120 'Laser Blue' )
2BU00 / 2BU02 - Glacier Blue [ Metallic ] ( Lotus B113 'Liquid Blue' )
3OG00 / 3OG01 - Very Orange [ Metallic ] ( Lotus C25 ' Chrome Orange' )
3GY00 - Thunder Grey [ Metallic ] ( Lotus B112 'Graphite Gray' )
2BK00 / 2BK01 - Obsidian Black [ Metallic ] ( Lotus C93 'Starlight Black' )
2SV00 - Sterling Silver [ Metallic ] ( Lotus B130 'Arctic Silver' )

2010+ 2.x colors:
3GN00 - Lightning Green [ Metallic ] ( Lotus B146 'Spirited Green' )

Unusual colors ( Europe only? )
4GN01 - Poire Vert (Insane Green?) (Lotus B143 'Krypton V1 Green' or 'B109 Krypton development version 1')
4BU00 - Aegean Blue [ Metallic ]
TW01 - Sonic Carbon [ Metallic ] ('Galactic Gray?')
4RD00 - Tarocco Rosso [ Pearl / Metallic ]

USA 'Final 5' colors?:
??? - Ion Blue / Grabber ( Lotus C156 )
??? - Atomic Red ( Lotus C157 )

Last edited:
Thanks for the info

I need touchup paint for my Very Orange Roadster, which based on that data is Lotus "Chrome Orange" C25. I also find references to Chrome Orange as "B25" but one Lotus owner posted "my chrome orange is the new version C 25 which is slightly darker than B 25".

I'm searching online for a reliable source for C25 paint. Would be interested to hear from fellow Roadster owners as to where they bought touchup paint. Here are two sources I've found, but would like to hear from people as to what sources they used. Thanks.

I just ordered

Thanks for the info. I just ordered touch up paint for my Very Orange roadster. Ended up paying around $50 for the paint, clear coat, wipes, primer, etc...probably over kill. Just the touch up pen was $22.

Thanks for the info

I just ordered

Thanks for the info. I just ordered touch up paint for my Very Orange roadster. Ended up paying around $50 for the paint, clear coat, wipes, primer, etc...probably over kill. Just the touch up pen was $22.
Great Find!

Let us know how it goes. I have been looking for a good touch-up paint for the Very Orange metallic paint. Would love to see the results.
The roadster seems to get rock chips quite easily.

Others may know this, but according to the owner's manual each Roadster's paint code should be located on one of the VIN labels around the glovebox, or in the 'slot' of the same area in 1.5's. (As 2nd owner of my Roadster, I've not spotted this on mine, and might not have it).

roadster-paint-code-location-jpg.387197
Just checked for this on my 2.5 and can't for the life of me find it.

81DA5668-331B-4B55-9776-077F7D5F2D3F.jpeg

It took awhile but the touchup paint and accessories finally arrived. I literally bought all the recommended materials. But it appears you could just get the touch up pen only and be fine. I’ll post pics when done.

Great Find!

Let us know how it goes. I have been looking for a good touch-up paint for the Very Orange metallic paint. Would love to see the results.
The roadster seems to get rock chips quite easily.

• Informative
Reactions: MCroadster
Just checked for this on my 2.5 and can't for the life of me find it.

@Roadster, I had to check using my smartphone camera, reverse angle, using it to look "up" from within the passenger footwell of my 1.5. The label was perhaps 6" from the front.

In a 2.5, I'd also check the surfaces inside the glovebox. (Other 2.5 owners can comment on location for theirs...)