Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster paint colors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, after several coats of paint I have finially gotten it to the same level as the original paint. I still need to work on the touchup as the chip is still visible from 5ft. Despite this, the paint match is very good for my Very Orange color. I don't see much metallic flake in the paint, but for small touchups looks ok.
After using the pens, I would recommend trying the bottled paint paired with an artist set of pencil brushes. I think that would be easier to apply without applying too much pressure on the surface.

Attachments

• 113409769.png
    113409769.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 212
  • Informative
Reactions: Roadster
Hello has anyone tried to touch up very Orange with the C25 Tri coat touch up from paint scratch.com it comes with base coat, Mid coat, and clear coat.
I assume you first use the base coat, wait 24 hrs. Then apply the mid coat, then the clear coat. It seems difficult to use base and mid on the same paint chip area.
Does the mid coat have the metal flake in it? Anyone have good luck with the Tri coat?
Thank you,
Lou