Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Parts for Sale Listings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a dead cable like this too. If I cut the wall plug / GFCI end off like this one, could I just wire on a 240v plug and charge? How would one use the cable and car plug end only?
No, you need a circuit (like what is in the OpenEVSE box) to generate the J1772 pilot signal for the car to agree to charge at 240V. Although It would be a waste of such a heavy cable, you could attach normal 120V (NEMA 5-15P or 5-20P) plug and the car would charge at 16A. The car does not need a pilot signal if it sees 120V, but requires the pilot signal if it sees 240V. I know this because I tested hooking up 240V to the smaller-gauge, yellow 120V charge cable that came with the Roadster.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I've got a dead cable like this too. If I cut the wall plug / GFCI end off like this one, could I just wire on a 240v plug and charge? How would one use the cable and car plug end only?
No, you need a circuit (like what is in the OpenEVSE box) to generate the J1772 pilot signal for the car to agree to charge at 240V. Although It would be a waste of such a heavy cable, you could attach normal 120V (NEMA 5-15P or 5-20P) plug and the car would charge at 16A. The car does not need a pilot signal if it sees 120V, but requires the pilot signal if it sees 240V. I know this because I tested hooking up 240V to the smaller-gauge, yellow 120V charge cable that came with the Roadster.

NOT MINE (click the link below)

Tesla Roadster J1772 Adapter | eBay
Price: $399.99 (+shipping) BIN + Make offer

s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: AtAge19
Good Morning,
I have a semi new rear carbon fiber spoiler, I had gotten it to install it and end up not going forward with it. The spoiler has light scratches on the side that will be facing down when installed. It is taking up space in my small storage asking for 650 plus shipping from Los Angeles. I apologize for the poor pictures, if you need any more let me know I can provide them.
Thank you View attachment 342585 View attachment 342586 View attachment 342588 View attachment 342587 View attachment 342589
Still available? If so I’m interested.

Standard Roadster Headlight Assemblies, Passenger and Driver Sides
I’m not sure what these cost. Say $500 for one and $750 for the pair. These are not HID, but could be upgraded to HID or LED with aftermarket parts.
IMG_3900.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3901.jpeg
    IMG_3901.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 45