Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Parts for Sale Listings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cool; been waiting two years for a set; I will await your production.

Wait no more, here they are. 100% carbon fiber front and back. Each side is made from two separately molded pieces, bonded together. It was incredibly challenging, but after lots of trial and error I'm very happy with how they turned out. I have over 60GB of footage I might distill into a few videos for anyone wondering what it takes to make them.

IMG_3602.jpeg
IMG_3603.jpeg
IMG_3604.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpeg
IMG_3258.jpeg

Wait no more, here they are. 100% carbon fiber front and back. Each side is made from two separately molded pieces, bonded together. It was incredibly challenging, but after lots of trial and error I'm very happy with how they turned out. I have over 60GB of footage I might distill into a few videos for anyone wondering what it takes to make them.

View attachment 806328View attachment 806329View attachment 806330
View attachment 806332View attachment 806333
would love to see the video!

Exceptional quality. Can't wait to have a set on my car soon!

You gonna sell any of these?

giphy.gif

Amazing craftsmanship @Tex EV!

And good on you for documenting the challenging process and giving props to @hcsharp – as opposed to some who nefariously plagiarize other's efforts. You and @CM_007 should perhaps consider printing, embossing, or engraving your names/logos on your products like Henry did with his CANs so the Roadster collector community have unique maker's marks to look for and will know what's real and what's a cheap knockoff.

Last edited:
Just uploaded the first of three. Enjoy!
Thank you for the credit! I'm glad you were able to inherit this project. I wish I had the bandwidth to keep making them.

Your video does not even begin to reveal the complexity of making CF taillight surrounds. It was by far the most challenging CF project I've ever completed. I had over 40 reject parts before I produced a pair that I would put on my car. The stack of them goes half-way up the wall of my shop!

I admit I let out a scream NOOO!!! when I saw you cut off the mounting studs and tabs on the back of the original taillights! I ended up spending a stupid amount of time creating 3D print files for all the backshell brackets, studs and tabs. I'm planning to send you those files when I get a chance. I'm waiting to see how your plan works out for the wiring harness bracket (another thing I spent a lot of time on). It's a good thing we have fun doing this stuff!

Looking to sell my genuine carbon hard top and storage bag, don't use it so it seems a waste to have it mounted on the wall.

Open to PM offers - part located in the UK but can mount it on a pallet for shipping

I seem to have misplaced the front trim panel (Tesla PN 6000928) but the metal fixing brackets are there

There is a light scratch on the roof which is not deep and probably a professional could polish it out

IMG-9828.jpg

IMG-9829.jpg

IMG-9832.jpg

IMG-9830.jpg

Looking to sell my genuine carbon hard top and storage bag, don't use it so it seems a waste to have it mounted on the wall.

Open to PM offers - part located in the UK but can mount it on a pallet for shipping

I seem to have misplaced the front trim panel (Tesla PN 6000928) but the metal fixing brackets are there

There is a light scratch on the roof which is not deep and probably a professional could polish it out

View attachment 811812
View attachment 811816
View attachment 811817
View attachment 811818
I‘m interested. Pm sent!

I just received my Clear Carbon Fiber
Tail light Housings from GRP.
I waited 3.5 Months and paid $699.00
Here are some pictures of the product.
After learning from HC Sharp and Tex EV
About the complexities of making the parts and the amount of time they put in
Making high quality Tail light housings.
I was not optimistic about what I would
Receive. The parts are flawless, no voids
Or rough spots , they seem to have all the proper studs and hardware openings.
I will install and take pictures and comment on the fitment of the housings.
Please comment on what you guys think.
Also looking for a good install thread for the housings , I think I have read the trunk
Latch can be complicated to reinstall.
Has anyone else ordered these from GRP.
Happy 4th.
ECFE8AD1-6D51-4818-BAF0-B21BD742399E.jpeg
F983F2F1-AB29-4917-B966-4DEB4CE93BD5.jpeg
67638D9B-3241-452B-BECE-5E705FFE8182.jpeg
E1DC45A9-0AE3-4D75-89F9-2AAEB9D71537.jpeg

Also looking for a good install thread for the housings , I think I have read the trunk
Happy 4th.View attachment 824083View attachment 824084View attachment 824085View attachment 824086
Link? I’d love to order some of these

Happy 4th.

For the price paid, those look to be a very good value. If you're happy with them, that's all that matters!

From a fabrication perspective, it appears they molded each side in one piece and bonded the mounting tabs on the back. You can see the lines and texture from the peel ply. My housings are a two piece design, with "class A" finishes on both sides. Once installed though, no one sees the backside so it's not really essential. I'm just a perfectionist so that's how I approached it 🙃. Will continue producing them for anyone who wants them, even though cost will be higher.

Thanks for sharing! Please post installed pics when you have them.

View attachment 811812
View attachment 811816
View attachment 811817
View attachment 811818

View attachment 811812
View attachment 811816
View attachment 811817