Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster price lowered to $101,500 ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I read this correctly on the Tesla Motors website, they have lowered the base Roadster price to $101,500 for deliveries starting after November 1st, 2009.

If you are a current person waiting, you can get a partial refund but it will drop you to the back of the line for a later delivery.

To verify, start going through the buy process. The base price for the Roadster is $101,500. The price for the Roadster Sport is $101,500 + $19,500 option.

Last edited:
I did the $5,000 deposit for the Model S and was directed to the reservation agreement website. From reading it through, it appears that the $10,000 Roadster owner discount still applies even after the Signature 1,000.

From earlier reports, I thought that the $10,000 discount was only available if a Roadster owner does the Signature 1,000 with the $40,000 deposit. That is not accurate.

The only qualificatio is that you be a Roadster owner when you receive your Model S. You will receive the $10,000 discount from whatever the standard price is at that time.

The agreement specifically states that the purchase price is still being determined. So that figure of $57,400 or $49,900 with rebate, is only an estimate. The contract specifically gives Tesla the ability to change the price later if they need to.

But it does appear that Roadster owners will get a $10,000 break from whatever the final price is set at. So with the $10,000 discount plus the $7,500 tax rebate, I might actually get this at a reasonable price.

I am not interested in the Signature 1,000 series. I am going to specifically request #1,001 or soon thereafter. I don't want to leave $40,000 in a deposit for 3 years. I am fine risking $5,000 on Tesla's future.

Also, I think that giving Tesla about 1,000 cars would be wise to get the kinks out of the system.

It seems wrong for them to factor that in for you...
IMHO it is a BS marketing approach...I think it is deceiving and discredits an already suspicious company. I was an early adopter and currently have my Roadster, but considering the year end pricing nonsense, store delays ( Miami ovedue ) and lack of a long term marketing plan..I would never buy from Tesla again. In fact, I am totally turned off to the company. Unless Tesla can have the rebate credited directly to them and reflected in your out of pocket closing costs..the buyer is spending more than advertised. It is BS and insulting and frankly may be the reason for me to sell off my Roadtser...If anyone wants a rare white at a small premium over current MSRP..send me a PM..$ 140K will buy mine. ( 200 miles)
:mad:

Sorry to hear that - it is rare to find a company that does everything the way you would want. Selling off your roadster because you don't like their marketing seems excessive. Is there something wrong with it as a product that makes you want to sell it?

Sorry to hear that - it is rare to find a company that does everything the way you would want. Selling off your roadster because you don't like their marketing seems excessive. Is there something wrong with it as a product that makes you want to sell it?
The car is beautiful and runs as expected...I am a car enthusiast and have very simply become turned off to Tesla and Elon Musk's antics...
Nothing more than that ! Excessive..maybe. It is just the way I feel...

I turned my focus to the product and stopped worrying about the antics. I like what they are building too much to give up on them.
Maybe my " mood " will change before it is sold but I doubt it . The alternative energy vehicle space will see many new entries over the next several years and maybe I will re-enter the market and support a badge I feel good about and respect..
I appreciate and respect your position..:wink: