Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Rally in LA 6/6/09

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Tesla Motors' "Roadster Rally" to Commemorate 500th Delivery and Anniversary of First Retail Store

WEST LOS ANGELES, Calif. - (Business Wire) Tesla Motors will host a road rally Saturday to commemorate the electric vehicle manufacturer’s 500th Roadster delivery and the one-year anniversary of its first retail store. Several dozen Tesla owners are expected to participate in event, which will begin at 10 a.m. at Tesla’s showroom in West Los Angeles. Owners and their invited guests will then travel a scenic mountain route to Malibu for a barbecue at a Greener Pasture Ranch, a Tesla customer’s private home.

The 60-mile drive will likely be the largest gathering of Tesla Roadsters on public streets. It’s expected to attract eco-conscious sports car buffs, EV enthusiasts, and the elite Roadster Club members from the region.
Someone take lots of photos.

It sounds like this was a big event, and we will probably hear a lot more about it soon.

Twitter / chelsea sexton: My kid and I got passenger ...
...Dozens of Roadsters through the Sepulveda pass- very cool sight!
Twitter / Jon Faiz Kayyem: Just joined 40 other Tesla ...
Just joined 40 other Tesla drivers at the rock store...
11373336-af604a4f160035083882a3146e7c44da.4a2aec5d-scaled.jpg

Tesla Heaven on Twitpic

(VFX 3rd from the bottom left I gather)

Tesla rally Santa Monica to Malibu hope we don't run out of j... on Twitpic
6r59i.jpg

Riding up to Malibu in the Tesla roadster rally w @benweiss &... on Twitpic
6rd7b.jpg

There is an event at Chris Paine's place tonight... I wonder if the Rally will end up over there?

Last edited:
Wow! That looks like it was fun!
I hope they do something like that up in Northern California some day!

Maybe you should contact Tesla (on the owners forum?) and push a bit for a Bay Area event? It would be great to see the 'norcal' owners get together in force too.

A few obvious ideas of venues would be:

1. Start in Sausalito, come across the Golden Gate bridge (photo op!), go down Lombard Street (photo op...) and end up at the Legion of Honor museum?
  2. Start at the MP store, drive up Sand Hill / Highway 84 to Alice's restaurant for a large gathering , then up 35 to 92, and back down around to San Carlos for a factory tour?
  3. Lawrence Livermore Discovery Center -> Tesla Road -> Lake del Valle?

Graham, maybe you should create a vote topic here, then present the results back to Tesla?

Last edited:
They clearly had some professional photographers getting some great photos of the event. I am currently in Tesla overload after having viewed all of that.

Going so long on just tease photos, then getting something THAT perfect, is just a real shock to the system for a Tesla addict like myself.

Yeah - great event for the owners and online fans (just looking at pictures) alike!

It was billed as an event to commemorate the 500th delivery, but I will always remember it as the event to celebrate VFX getting his Roadster!

ABG called it a "Roadster Convoy", but I call it a "Roadster Roundup", given the horse pen they herded them into for the photo of the day!

Last edited: