TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Roadster reservations

Discussion in 'Roadster 2022' started by Twiddler, Nov 16, 2017.

1. John W. Ratcliff

So, by the time I get my Roadster, I should be about 60 years old. If things go according to plan I should also be retired by then. I not only plan to daily drive the car, I plan to drive it cross country as well. I have no intention of limiting the miles I put on the car, because at my age I could care less about resale value. I see no reason to think the car will be any less reliable and maintenance free as any other modern Tesla.

I will probably be one of the first to put 100k miles on one.

• Like x 8
    • Love x 3
  2. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 Porsche 918 Hybrid

Drive it like you stole it! :cool:

• Like x 1
  3. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Would love to see this Roadster hit the road in 2020+. Congrats to those who put their deposits down! There’s nothing like waiting for a Tesla. ;)

I’ll wait for my midlife crisis to hit and for me to lose some more hair up top before considering this. :) In the meantime, will make do with my S and shortly, the 3.

4. paulwesterberg

Porsche sold 918 copies of the Porsche 918 Spyder for $847,000+. At the time it had the fastest 0-60 time. You might say that Porsche has better brand recognition and customer following, but Tesla has sold the best selling large luxury sedan in the US for the last 3 years.

Whether there are 1000 people willing to pay an extra 50k to be the first owners is questionable is another question. Tesla may be trying to reap a little extra cash from other automakers who buy the first available Tesla production vehicles in order to tear them down and reverse engineer components.

• Love x 1
  5. sputnik

sputnik Member

@JenniferQ , @Colasec - any luck with getting the wire transfer confirmed as received? I've made a couple of calls, and gotten basically non-answers. 'We will have a dedicated team checking in with you next week' - is the latest non-answer.

6. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

I transferred the $45K on Monday and have not received a confirmation yet, but I'm not too concerned. I paid the initial $5K on Friday, got the reservation confirmation on Saturday, and wired the funds on Monday. The confirmation indicated they wanted the money by 11/27 (10 days).

• Like x 1
  7. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

No Powerwall yet, but 6 Teslas. ;):cool:

2017-11-24_17-21-28.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Love x 4
  8. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

@sputnik I am same as @dailydriver. Also placed Model 3 order Wednesday, so I'm hopeful they won't forget about me!

9. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Very nice hand you got there, but I think a Tesla straight flush beats a full house:)

• Like x 1
  10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

11. Casey_S

Casey_S Member

Do we know if "base" reservations are signature or if there's only founders editions?

12. Colasec

Colasec Member

13. nigelsilva

nigelsilva Member

I suddenly feel poor after reading this thread...

• Funny x 5
  14. ElecFan

ElecFan Member

Wow, 'due to the volume' means they are getting a great deal of reservations for the Roadster? Sounds promising to me. Maybe a couple of hundreds or thousands!

I noticed the people with referral rebates were transferred to the founders edition so maybe the 50k edition reservations are going swifter than the founder ones? I can imagine with a 250k deposit.

15. doofenshmirtz

doofenshmirtz Member

Never ceases to amaze how a company as progressive as Tesla is hamstrung by wire transfers that take 10 days

16. Johann Koeber

Johann Koeber Active Member

After maling my reservation on Friday, it took me 2 days (monday and tuesday) to transfer the money. I am still waiting for the email that they have received the payment. It must have been on teslas account no later than Wednesday.

Due to limits on my account, I had to pay in 5 installments. Hopefully Tesla has no probblem adding the 5 amounts, as I have supplied the RN on all of them.

Sure wish they will send the email soon.

OTOH it is a good sign that they are so busy. I bet the 1,000 founders and about 10,000 regular reservations will be sold in no time.

• Like x 1
  17. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

I am day 7 now and no confirmation of my deposit. We did have a holiday though.

• Informative x 1
  18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

19. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Especially since Elon is coming from PayPal.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. Doom

Doom Member

I'm still waiting on a wire verification as well.