Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, by the time I get my Roadster, I should be about 60 years old. If things go according to plan I should also be retired by then. I not only plan to daily drive the car, I plan to drive it cross country as well. I have no intention of limiting the miles I put on the car, because at my age I could care less about resale value. I see no reason to think the car will be any less reliable and maintenance free as any other modern Tesla.

I will probably be one of the first to put 100k miles on one.

So, by the time I get my Roadster, I should be about 60 years old. If things go according to plan I should also be retired by then. I not only plan to daily drive the car, I plan to drive it cross country as well. I have no intention of limiting the miles I put on the car, because at my age I could care less about resale value. I see no reason to think the car will be any less reliable and maintenance free as any other modern Tesla.

I will probably be one of the first to put 100k miles on one.

Drive it like you stole it! :cool:

Reactions: mattcrowley
Would love to see this Roadster hit the road in 2020+. Congrats to those who put their deposits down! There’s nothing like waiting for a Tesla. ;)

I’ll wait for my midlife crisis to hit and for me to lose some more hair up top before considering this. :) In the meantime, will make do with my S and shortly, the 3.

I really wonder whether they'll get anywhere close to the 1000 Founders' editions.

Porsche sold 918 copies of the Porsche 918 Spyder for $847,000+. At the time it had the fastest 0-60 time. You might say that Porsche has better brand recognition and customer following, but Tesla has sold the best selling large luxury sedan in the US for the last 3 years.

Whether there are 1000 people willing to pay an extra 50k to be the first owners is questionable is another question. Tesla may be trying to reap a little extra cash from other automakers who buy the first available Tesla production vehicles in order to tear them down and reverse engineer components.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
@JenniferQ , @Colasec - any luck with getting the wire transfer confirmed as received? I've made a couple of calls, and gotten basically non-answers. 'We will have a dedicated team checking in with you next week' - is the latest non-answer.
I transferred the $45K on Monday and have not received a confirmation yet, but I'm not too concerned. I paid the initial $5K on Friday, got the reservation confirmation on Saturday, and wired the funds on Monday. The confirmation indicated they wanted the money by 11/27 (10 days).

Reactions: GSP
I'll see your 3 Tesla's, and raise you 3 more.
View attachment 261797
No Powerwall yet, but 6 Teslas. ;):cool:

2017-11-24_17-21-28.jpg

@sputnik I am same as @dailydriver. Also placed Model 3 order Wednesday, so I'm hopeful they won't forget about me!
I transferred the $45K on Monday and have not received a confirmation yet, but I'm not too concerned. I paid the initial $5K on Friday, got the reservation confirmation on Saturday, and wired the funds on Monday. The confirmation indicated they wanted the money by 11/27 (10 days).

I wired the same day and I have the same issue. I called them and was informed that due to the volume it will take them 5 days to log your deposit and see it on the site. I guess be patient.

Update: Now Wednesday is past and still no logging of my deposit. I'll update when it is posted so others can have a time frame of how long it is taking them.
Wow, 'due to the volume' means they are getting a great deal of reservations for the Roadster? Sounds promising to me. Maybe a couple of hundreds or thousands!

I noticed the people with referral rebates were transferred to the founders edition so maybe the 50k edition reservations are going swifter than the founder ones? I can imagine with a 250k deposit.

Never ceases to amaze how a company as progressive as Tesla is hamstrung by wire transfers that take 10 days

After maling my reservation on Friday, it took me 2 days (monday and tuesday) to transfer the money. I am still waiting for the email that they have received the payment. It must have been on teslas account no later than Wednesday.

Due to limits on my account, I had to pay in 5 installments. Hopefully Tesla has no probblem adding the 5 amounts, as I have supplied the RN on all of them.

Sure wish they will send the email soon.

OTOH it is a good sign that they are so busy. I bet the 1,000 founders and about 10,000 regular reservations will be sold in no time.

Wow, 'due to the volume' means they are getting a great deal of reservations for the Roadster? Sounds promising to me. Maybe a couple of hundreds or thousands!

I noticed the people with referral rebates were transferred to the founders edition so maybe the 50k edition reservations are going swifter than the founder ones? I can imagine with a 250k deposit.

I am day 7 now and no confirmation of my deposit. We did have a holiday though.

• Informative