Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But a lot of IT is actually a sort of communications, and communications is their consistent weak point.
IT is infrastructure and resource management. I believe what you mean here by “communications” is their marketing and customer relations, which is not IT in my opinion.

Still waiting to hear from Tesla how many reservations have been made for the new Roadster...

Reactions: JenniferQ
Same philosophy would apply to later models too, not just the early ones. There is no point in time where Tesla has been "done" with a model and there were no later improvements, except the 2.5 Roadsters. So if you want to wait for fear that there could be a better version later, then you would never get one. I've got an early model of each of the Teslas, and no regrets, but lots of happy miles driven.

Ditto. My July 2013 Model S doesn't have AP - it doesn't even have parking sensors or folding mirrors. But I'd loved it every single time I've driven it, for 41K miles now. I'm sure AP2 is awesome, but I wouldn't have wanted to wait three years without my S to get it.

Same here. I'm sure it is a manual process for Tesla to update the reservations to reflect the funds have hit their bank account. I see this as a sign that they may have be inundated with the amount of reservations in the first week.
I just received my confirmation for receiving the wire transfer. All good. Now I can relax and wait for 3 years. :cool:

Attachments

• 2017-12-01_12-32-04.jpg
    2017-12-01_12-32-04.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 2017-12-01_12-35-54.jpg
    2017-12-01_12-35-54.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 113
I just got confirmation of my Roadster reservation. I paid the initial $5k as soon as the site went live, but waited a few days to send the remaining $45k, so they are still working through getting them all processed.

Attachments

• tevans_2017_12_01_11_36_56_cfa9a40c-76ac-4b66-890c-96ac21000ca3.png
    tevans_2017_12_01_11_36_56_cfa9a40c-76ac-4b66-890c-96ac21000ca3.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 109
I just got confirmation of my Roadster reservation. I paid the initial $5k as soon as the site went live, but waited a few days to send the remaining $45k, so they are still working through getting them all processed.
It might take longer since your wire had to come from the moon.
(I think there was probably a week of allocating "seats for the elites" so that us plebeians were shuffled sorted down the reservation numbers so don't get to thinking we're near the front of the queue.)
Tesla Roadster Reservation.png

Ok, well I'm actually 90973 then. I thought the first 90 was a zoning number of sorts, but maybe not if your from California. There can't be 90k orders. Right? RIGHT?

Haha, you never know. But I doubt it. That would be $6B in pre order funds. LOL. I'm live in Danville, near the Fremont Factory, so maybe you're right zoning or something. So 973 roadsters at a min... Wonder if Signature has a separate order queue counter.

Reactions: Britannia
Just got the confirmation email of my Roadster reservation. Wired the payment early last week. It seems many people here received the confirmation today, so may the person who works in accounting at Tesla just got back from holiday break. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 5.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 5.15.26 PM.png
    562.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Just got the confirmation email of my Roadster reservation. Wired the payment early last week. it seems many people here received the confirmation, so may the person who works in accounting at Tesla just got back from holiday break. :)

I had to email them and got a response that it would take 3-5 business days, at 8 business days I emailed again and got a wire receipt, but only today (2 days later) did it show online. :)

Those of us who qualified to purchase a discounted Founders also got the coveted silver wristband for the test drive, no deposit required.

<cry> <sob> I flew to LA only to remain in my hotel room sick as a dog. Missing the semi reveal and party was bad. Learning that I missed the roadster reveal AND a silver wristband made me cry.

Haha, you never know. But I doubt it. That would be $6B in pre order funds. LOL. I'm live in Danville, near the Fremont Factory, so maybe you're right zoning or something. So 973 roadsters at a min... Wonder if Signature has a separate order queue counter.

1st time poster here, but adding info to this thread that. I reserved a few hours after you about 12:30 on Friday and my reservation number is within 10 of yours. I'm in the mid-west US so I wouldn't expect it to be a zoning thing.
tesla account.JPG