Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster reservations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, go! Who has information on how/when to reserve a new roadster??

Looks like an incredible piece of engineering and design. A genuine EV daily-driveable supercar, and at ~$250K there is actual value compared to other supercars.

It also screams, “we need cash now.”

I can’t deny if I had the disposable required, I’d be first in line looking for one of each though. For those who have already ordered (or will be ordering shortly), you have my absolute respect and admiration.

Reactions: Buook and gowthamn
It also screams, “we need cash now.”

Yes, it does. They are doing this way too early for it not to be anything but a financing round.

I've seen companies go down this route before and Tesla is more and more going from the "selling the future today" business to "billing the future today" business (see EAP/FSD) and that's unfortunate. The first Roadster were far more understandable for their time (a very small company), Model S, Model X and Model 3 reservations were conservative (though may have in some ways acted in similar manner), but for a very large company like Tesla today, this is pretty much unheard of - unless the company is short on cash...

Other than that, seems like a great car. I'm sure they'll get their 1000+.

Which might be why the P version of the Model 3 either won't be made or is a much lower priority now...

I've always thought they'd just do single and dual motor Model 3 and leave the performance trims to S/X/Roadster.

Nah, doubt that. There is money to be made from a Performance Model 3. They'll just make the Model 3 P version significantly less powerful/quick than Model S/X Performance version. That leaves room for all four Performanace cars.

Wife just said she would support me if I wanted to buy one. I am one happy camper to hear that but not sure this car is really right for me. Would need to test drive it and make sure Tesla has worked out the kinks before I commit to such an expensive car even though we can afford it. I am happy driving my Model S for a few more years either way.

Reactions: GSP
Founders Series RoadsterReservations require a $5,000 credit card payment, plus an additional wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.
My own question answered -> Founders Series RoadsterReservations require a $5,000 credit card payment, plus an additional wire transfer payment due in 10 days. Reservations are not final until the wire transfer payment is received.