Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Review in All Cars Electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
2008/2009 Tesla Roadster Test Drive and Review: Page 1 - AllCarsElectric.com

tesla_100178454_s.jpg

I had the chance to spend a day with the 2008/2009 Tesla Roadster.

The Tesla Roadster is many things. It is a sleek exotic sports car, it is fast and responsive, it has high performance handling. But far more importantly than all that, it runs only on electricity.

I am glad to see Lyle is a genuine EV fan. I had initially wondered if he was some sort of GM backed Volt shill but he seems to be the "real deal".

Props to Tesla for loaning him the car for the day!

3304536996_2ae44bbd0f_o.jpg

:biggrin: "Whoah Nelly!" :biggrin:

Last edited:
I had to laugh at the bit where he tries to pull away with the car in neutral and the video jumps to the next scene. "Take two!"

There is a good write up on GM-Volt.com. I think it is fair to say that his writing skills are a lot better than his presenting skills (but that probably goes for all of us). This nicely summarises his thoughts:

The Tesla Roadster is a sheer phenomenon, the remarkable product of start-up can-do mentality and brute force determination, proof to the world that electric cars can work, are incredibly fun to drive, and will change the future for the better. They can and should be credited for triggering the big automakers including GM to begin developing electric cars.