Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster RIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@markwj we'd love to get your thoughts on this one since you're our "resident" expert in HK. Can you corroborate this stockpile and location?

Given that these photos were taken inside private property, and could get someone fired, I think it best not to comment. The press loves a negative story.

That said, it is well known that there are a large number of roadsters in Hong Kong waiting for either 3.x batteries or 2.x replacement sheets. The cars here are 8 to 10 years old now, and we have a hot and humid climate that is obviously stressful on the batteries. Whilst I realise that Tesla has some other big things on their plate (such as surviving Q2), I still have some hope that they can resolve this battery situation. These cars are too valuable to the history of EVs, and are a showcase for what is possible. I am certain that if Tesla would release firmware, tools and documentation; even if they didn't release a 3.1 battery, somebody else would.

I did the same thing about 18 months ago. I hope to drive my Roadster for the next 10 years, or I get too old to be able to actually get into it.

Like wise I just got mine this past Dec. and hopefully drive it for at least another five years :) (approaching 80) so it is not getting into it (that is the easy part ;)) the hard part is getting out. :mad:

giphy.gif

I was just thinking back when there were a rainbow of roadsters (the only model) sitting at the original Tesla dealership in Menlo Park,CA in 2011. I was thinking to myself I want one of these!
I remember meeting you once when both our cars were in for service at Menlo Park. That was probably 2009 or 2010. As I recall, you made a similar comment then, that you had seen the cars and decided that you needed to have one. Glad to hear that you still do!

[Edit: Oops, just saw your car photo, so it must have been later.]