Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster RIP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FE20AB89-BEBF-4243-8052-D82195C233C5.jpeg
87D057E0-423D-4E9C-8782-A00EC97DF378.jpeg
183299AA-38A1-4A7B-A9BF-B9541A4FF234.jpeg
D58D3595-8A90-4AAF-963B-7A58B84DBF9D.jpeg

My guess would be Tesla service center, cars waiting for new batteries... (?)

Hopefully someone else knows the real story so I don't have to guess.
Thanks for your input @TEG. It would make since that they are waiting for new ESS since none are hooked up for charging. No signs
of structural damages. But, Interesting to see that they’ve tied down the trunk but not closed on most. Why?

i was thinking this was Tesla's Roadster buy back graveyard . . . :eek:
I’ve recently spoken with veteran roadster tech at Tampa SC about Tesla’s buyback program. He confirmed that there’s no evidences that the roadster parts that they’re getting are coming from donor cars. I’m optimistic that they’ll keep them intact for resell or use them for other proposes... showroom displays with new roadster?

@TEG is right - these are in a Hong Kong SC. These are some of the many out there waiting for ESS. Some of these have been waiting for over a year.

@eHorses - I saw with my own eyes some of the trade-in Roadsters are being stripped. My local SC in Dallas has a stripped 2.0...down to the chassis. Its parts have gone on to save many vehicles, though it is sad.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Holy trove of Roadster riches, Batman!

I can't help but play amateur detective here. Two questions:
  1. @RomeoT how did you come upon these photos? Did you take them yourself and, if so, pls enlighten us!
  2. Do we think any of these might be from the 12 face lifted 2.0s that were shipped to Japan back in 2010 that we discussed here?

Last edited:
@eHorses - it has been confirmed that the Roadsters are being stripped. My local SC in Dallas has a stripped 2.0...down to the chassis. Its parts have gone on to save many vehicles, though it is sad.

rumor has it a few will be left as EV1 style “art cars” or cutaways for static showroom displays.
T really doesn’t want the car out there, or so it seems.

No private party would match what T will give for a bricked roadster, considering you’re likely also in for a $4.5k PEM repair at our age. so... 27k in repairs for ~125mi or range? Seems like a no brainer to me, drives the prices up on those that have them and allows those that can no longer get into them the ability to get a great deal on a performance Y!

As much as it pains me to hear of a sport/2.0/2.5 getting pulled apart... they will save other cars that are willing to pay.