TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

roadster seat reupholster with model 3

Discussion in 'Roadster 2008-2012' started by jason.tv, Feb 19, 2020.

1. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

I love the cushioning and how comfortable the model 3 seats are; Curious if anyone has thought or has reupholstered their roadster seats with the inside of a model 3 cushioning.

Would anyone attempt this? would this bring down the value or be stupid doing this to the original seats of the Roadster? I am thinking about simply having the padding taking out and replacing with the model 3 cushioning.

Thoughts?

2. X.l.r.8

X.l.r.8 Supporting Member

Umm, my first drive was 3500 km and I found them super comfy as they are. Granted I only slept in them for 6 nights but I have never thought them uncomfortable.
    Model 3 seats however I really don’t like. Much prefer the next gen model S seats, to each their own.

3. drewski

drewski Supporting Member

Would that even fit? Might have to trim it and then it could be pretty comparable?

4. jason.tv

jason.tv Member

seems like it would be pretty tight fit but should work. I'm sure a leather upholster can easily make it fit.

• Funny x 1