Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Service E-Mail Poll and info

Status of Roadster Service Email

• Original owner and received the E-Mail regarding service

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Original owner but have not received an E-Mail

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Non-original owner and have received an E-Mail

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Non-original owner but have not received an E-Mail

Votes: 23 54.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

im4uttx

Supporting Member
May 28, 2019
Spicewood, TX
To get a little clarity on who has or has not received the service e-mail outlined in this thread:
Roadster Service E-Mail

Any information that that have attempted contact through the provided information, if you want to provide more information regarding how the response appears to be handled.

If you received an E-Mail, perhaps provide on how long you've owned your Roadster, especially if NOT an original owner, your VIN-last-4, etc...if you don't mind...when you received the E-Mail, etc...

Just trying to get an idea of how fast this is proceeding and if there is a method to the madness of our roadsters.... :)

hmmm....so it seems like about 50% of the original owners are being contacted, while none of the 2nd+ owners have been contacted.

Might take an email to the support address to see how responsive they are to needs. I'll give it a shot once I get mine back from rehab late this month and will provide info on response...

Thanks for all that have responded...

I wrote the email address last Tuesday asking for help getting my Roadster registered to me. (When I go to a SC, I have to give them the name of the original owner for them to service it.) They wrote back Thursday saying they could do it, I just needed to send them a copy of my reg and DL. I'm hopeful this will work.

When looking at the mailadress it has xxxNAxx in it. Could this mean that it currently only is a service for North America owners?

I’m from Sweden, 2:nd owner. Have not got any e-mail.

Have the Roadster visable in the Tesla app. (Only Tesla I have is the Roadster) and it seems like I could schedule serviceappointment in the app but has not tried using that function yet.

So, I sent an email including my proof of registration and DL, and a request to get it added (again) to my account. I thought back in August it was on the account, but it is no longer showing up, and no response for over a week...

Doesn't look like much has changed, other than requests for trade-in...hmm, maybe I'll send in another email and inquire about a trade-in...

The accounting above has at least changed based on original ownership, but only about 25% of owners have reported receiving an email.

Oh well, at least I have no urgent need to get into the SC. Should get mine back from Autocraft Bodywerks end of this week...hoping...withdrawal set in weeks ago....

Scratching my head, wondering why anyone cares about getting an e-mail? The point is that U.S. Roadster owners can't book a service appointment via the Tesla app and (most/all?) service centers have an automated phone system that refers you back to the app. Now we have a contact point that is exclusively for Roadster owner use :) ....If you have a Roadster and need service/support, use the channel; you don't need to wait for an email.

Reach us by emailing [email protected] to schedule a Service appointment, get status updates, request parts or speak with an expert. Note that this channel only services Roadsters and you should continue to use the Tesla app for all other Tesla cars.{/QUOTE]

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: drewski and Sparrow
If you have a Roadster and need service/support, use the channel; you don't need to wait for an email.

Exactly. I used that address to ask for the official email we're talking about (which I got two weeks later), but I also mentioned some mistakes that were made on my last visit, and got an immediate, direct response from the service advisor, inviting me to come in for them to correct the mistake. (I had corrected the mistake already: wrong tire pressure - 30 psi on all four tires) Nonetheless, it does show that they're now listening. Of course, I'll be more impressed when the service itself improves. Time will tell.

Scratching my head, wondering why anyone cares about getting an e-mail? The point is that U.S. Roadster owners can't book a service appointment via the Tesla app and (most/all?) service centers have an automated phone system that refers you back to the app. Now we have a contact point that is exclusively for Roadster owner use :) ....If you have a Roadster and need service/support, use the channel; you don't need to wait for an email.

It was a data point early after the emails started showing up.

I finally got a response from the new channel about getting roadster added to my account, but it hasn't happened yet. I want to get a couple things done at the SC in Austin, so I may email in to get an appt...

It was a data point early after the emails started showing up.

I finally got a response from the new channel about getting roadster added to my account, but it hasn't happened yet. I want to get a couple things done at the SC in Austin, so I may email in to get an appt...

yeah, not added to my account yet (was told last week they were having "system problems"), but i asked to schedule service and a day later got a call from the SC nearest me with "Roadster Techs"; it's about 30 miles away and they'll give a $100 Uber credit instead of a loaner.