Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Service E-Mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear here: by "worse" I mean "hold as much charge." If you mean "rate of degradation" then it's hands down worse for the 3.0, it's not even close.

The 3.0 battery also supplies more power, so the acceleration improved noticeably.

Ok, I just did a full range charge on my Roadster.

When I brought my Roadster home immediately after getting the new battery installed is showed a 338 mile range on a full range charge.

It has now been two and a half years since the R80 battery pack was installed and I have put about 10,000 miles on the car since then.

The current full charge shows 329 miles.

That's a 9 mile drop in range or 2.6% degradation.

charge2.jpg

Ok, I just did a full range charge on my Roadster.

When I brought my Roadster home immediately after getting the new battery installed is showed a 338 mile range on a full range charge.

It has now been two and a half years since the R80 battery pack was installed and I have put about 10,000 miles on the car since then.

The current full charge shows 329 miles.

That's a 9 mile drop in range or 2.6% degradation.

View attachment 498406

John, you might have the nicest R80 pack out there. Thank you for sharing!

The R80 Roadster I used to test had a Range Mode of 299 Miles, and the pack had only 2,800 miles on it since install. It was weak.

No you are being quite excessive. I am 2.5 years into my 3.0 and have seen a 10% drop. Most of that in the first year. Yes the standard range is a curious lower set point but the last range charge put me North is 310 miles.

Sorry guys - I misread the scale at the bottom. Looks like more like 12-13% on average per the last published data 3 months ago (assuming the trend down didn't continue on the time chart).

Well - this is not very encouraging...

I wrote to the new "Dedicated Roadster Service" email on 30 December 2019, mentioning a couple of minor issues.

I was somewhat surprised to receive a response from Matthew Krahn the following day thanking me for reaching out, and telling me "One of our Roadster Service Advisors will be contacting you soon to further assist you". I thanked Mr. Krahn and waited.

I wrote to him again after 30 days, and yet again after 60 days of no follow-up.

This morning I got an email from my local Service Center with the Title "Roadster Appointment":

Are you able to schedule an appointment through your App? This is the best way to schedule. If you are not, we can assist.​

After a further exchange of emails, I now have an appointment, but it is clear that no information was sent to my Service Center about my need for service.

I emailed the Roadster Service 3 weeks ago and have yet to get any response at all. Funny thing is, last week I had my Model X in for the upgrade to HW3. I talked with the local service manager there when I dropped my X off. He tried contacting the Roadster Service people and another general Tesla service location. When I saw him the following day, he said they did not respond to him either. Another week has gone by with no further communication. My issues are not pressing so I have not pushed it any further, but if I did have really big problems, I would be very upset.