Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Service E-Mail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an original owner, and I didn't get the email. I even checked my spam folder, no luck. I'm not selling anyway.

But it's nice that they remember us at all, at least for some other reason than launching a car into space. Maybe they'll finally address the longevity problems with the 3.0 battery (hah!).

Offering less than $30k for a roadster is just ridiculous and super insulting. I was insulted when they offered $28k on my 2018 Model 3 LR with 18k miles a couple months back, but this is far worse. You guys are the reason the company exists. You bought the car in the middle of a recession from an unknown startup company.

As a thank you, they should at minimum offer market value on trade in, and I could easily see an argument to offer above market value and then just put them in a garage somewhere and corner the market on them and stop having to service them or at least having a dramatic reduction in service needs.

Then in another 10 years start selling them slowly 1 at a time at auctions. They’ll be major collectibles by then, and since Tesla would own most of them, they could demand a high price...

Important info, especially Southern California. It appears to be real that Tesla is stepping up service for Roadster owners.

After first sending an email 3 hours ago to: [email protected], I got an amazing call from the Tesla service center regarding service on roadsters. My email described that I need my coolant reservoir replaced. Mervin said they want to improve service for roadsters and that they would be able to come to my house (Laguna Beach) to fix my roadster! First they need to get a new coolant reservoir, and then they'll schedule an appointment with me. If this happens the way he said, I'm extremely impressed. He also said they were going to add a service center for roadsters closer to me (not sure where). He said it was fine to share the new hotline with other roadster owners.

For "Socal" (including at least LA and Orange County), the the new roadster tesla service direct hotline is:

424-237-4730 (text and call)

Note: I think a home fix is a case by case thing.

Apparently San Diego county has a different hotline.

Important info, especially Southern California. It appears to be real that Tesla is stepping up service for Roadster owners.

After first sending an email 3 hours ago to: [email protected], I got an amazing call from the Tesla service center regarding service on roadsters. My email described that I need my coolant reservoir replaced. Mervin said they want to improve service for roadsters and that they would be able to come to my house (Laguna Beach) to fix my roadster! First they need to get a new coolant reservoir, and then they'll schedule an appointment with me. If this happens the way he said, I'm extremely impressed. He also said they were going to add a service center for roadsters closer to me (not sure where). He said it was fine to share the new hotline with other roadster owners.

For "Socal" (including at least LA and Orange County), the the new roadster tesla service direct hotline is:

424-237-4730 (text and call)

Note: I think a home fix is a case by case thing.

Apparently San Diego county has a different hotline.

Wow, Great news! I sent an email to register my new roadster and got a response within 24 hours. So far, it hasn’t been added to my account, but I’ll give it a few days. I’m going out on a limb here, but With the recent change in attitude toward original roadsters, I think there’s a pretty good chance we’ll see some positive movement on the new roadster very soon :)

Reactions: AtAge19
Hmm. For the past few months whenever I visit my local service center I have seen two roadsters sitting in the service bay, a yellow and a green one. I asked about them last time I was there and was told their batteries are bricked and they're waiting for replacement battery sheets. I wonder if they'll get fixed soon.

• Informative
Reactions: AtAge19 and drewski
Hmm. For the past few months whenever I visit my local service center I have seen two roadsters sitting in the service bay, a yellow and a green one. I asked about them last time I was there and was told their batteries are bricked and they're waiting for replacement battery sheets. I wonder if they'll get fixed soon.
Take this as a barometer;
Model X headliner (just 4 months old) falling off. The (phony verbal) promise was it'd be in, within "2 to 3 weeks" Waited 4 weeks before calling.They didn't even have a record of it. THEN they tried to blame us saying it was our dual channel dash cam wiring install that caused it to fail. Whipped out digital record of cam install date - showing cam was installed 5 months AFTER the headliner began falling off. Yes FIVE months ... because we waited for the headliner for 6 months from our first notice.
Sure . . . the roadsters will get fixed jiffy quick.

My Roadster is in my Tesla account. I'm an original owner. I haven't received the email (yet). It's strange because another Roadster owner here in VT got the email and he took delivery only a couple days after I did. Maybe it's because I haven't used Tesla service in over a year.

@gregd are you an original purchaser? I'm wondering if the initial phase is for the original purchaser, since I have not seen an email to me yet either...and I THINK I'm the registered owner now.... :)
No, I believe I'm the second owner. But for this year's Annual, they had a huge problem trying to get my paperwork figured out, as the system was confused for a while, thinking I was in the SF Bay Area. The prior owner lived (lives?) in Palo Alto, so I'm thinking he might have gotten the email.

Although I am happy that Tesla seems to (apparently) want to once again support the Roadster (although I am an original owner and never received the email), we as owners should still support the guys that picked up the slack in Tesla's absence. Javier (a former Tesla Roadster tech) and his team at Executive Motorwerks in Lawndale, have been offering great Roadster service in the Los Angeles area for several years. I'd hate to see his business impacted now that Tesla has decided that Roadster owners are actually important.

I didn't receive the email either, even though my Roadster is on my MyTesla page and regularly serviced. Nevertheless, I just sent them an email thanking them for providing the email address for owners to contact them.

The last time my Roadster needed service there was literally no way to call Tesla. They no longer take voice phone calls!! The only way to set up a service appointment is via the app and/or website. However....even though my Roadster is on my 'My Tesla' page, you cannot schedule a service appointment there either.

The last time I needed regular annual service, I just set up a service appointment for my Model-S with a description that the problem was actually for my Roadster. The time after that, my car had to be towed to Tesla and, because I couldn't get anyone on the phone, I just had the car show up unannounced.

I will add this anecdote. Four months ago I turned the key on my Roadster and there was an extremely loud 'pop' sound and then 100% of all electronics went dead. That was when I had the car towed to the service center. Apparently it developed a short in the PEM which blew the main fuse as well as a whole bunch of other electronics in the car. It even fried a circuit board directly inside my R80 battery pack.

The service center had the car for almost four months. Every time they thought they had the last part they needed it would turn out to be something else. It fried a lot of electronics apparently. The biggest blocker they had was that the circuit board which fried inside the battery pack needed a firmware update (because it was an R80) and it took them some time to sort that out.

All that said, four months or not, I got my car back fully repaired and running perfectly. The service center in Litttleton, Colorado showed an incredible commitment to get my car back on the road again.

My Roadster is not a garage queen. I drive it about 5,000 miles a year, and all of that is for pleasure (driving on mountain roads and to car shows and such.) I am a day one reservation holder for the new roadster and my goal is to keep driving my current Roadster until they actually can deliver me my new car.

This letter they sent out makes me feel a bit more optimistic that may be possible.

Currently three Roadsters tied to my account, despite selling one of them last week. I still have not received the email either. I’m sure it’ll arrive eventually, but we’ll see.

Thrilled to see a dedicated email portal for Roadsters. This is a HUGE step in the right direction!

Reactions: Sig72
I just had my car in for service at Sunnyvale, California. The service advisor had not heard about this new channel for Roadsters, so I showed the email to him.
Yeah, this ought to be good.... :)

I'm sure once the email to the support address gets handled and directed to a SC nearest the owner's home address, that has qualified roadster service personnel, a SC won't necessarily need to have heard about the email...just take care of the car. :)

The service advisor made one other comment that was a positive sign for me. The tech who works on Roadsters at Sunnyvale is assigned there on a continuous basis (not roving) and owns a Roadster for himself.

hmm...that would be an interesting use of roadster trade-ins....use them to incentive roadster service techs...they learn by hands on repairs of their personal roadster...